Boarding requirements

gogo65

HI @AussieBoyTX,

Just a few questions if you don't mind..I’d message you but cant 😂

We received our 120 page booklet etc via email, and I’m just wondering exactly what we need to board.

We have a medical form and health declaration, which we will complete and take with us.

We also have cruise tickets and activity vouchers (transfers and flights post cruise), but assume they aren’t required?

Last time we cruise with Ponant everything was printed and delivered, however everything is now electronic and I really dont want to print if not necessary.

Thanks 🙂

😉

We needed our original vaccine cards, our COVID test results and health declaration in paper. Nothing else — they have the passenger lists and confirm you’re supposed to be on the cruise by exchanging your passport for the keycard. 

58 minutes ago, AussieBoyTX said:

😉

We needed our original vaccine cards, our COVID test results and health declaration in paper. Nothing else — they have the passenger lists and confirm you’re supposed to be on the cruise by exchanging your passport for the keycard. 

Thanks,

Our vaccine cards are electronic, will get the covid results electronically (not sure we will have access to a printer in Tromso), and other than that have printed off the medical form (for expedition) and health declaration. Less than 48 hours until we are on our way!

Now to finish packing, hair and pedicure tomorrow, stay covid free and we will be on our way.

It’s very surreal finally having the opportunity to travel after 2.5 years. 

1 hour ago, gogo65 said:

Less than 48 hours until we are on our way!

Now to finish packing, hair and pedicure tomorrow, stay covid free and we will be on our way.

It’s very surreal finally having the opportunity to travel after 2.5 years. 

We were confined to the US for 21 months so I can imagine your excitement to he traveling again. Have a great time! 

9 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We were confined to the US for 21 months so I can imagine your excitement to he traveling again. Have a great time! 

Thanks JP,
My son moved to London in March, so spending 10 days with him to start with, is really building the excitement. 
We normally travel a lot, while it was nice to do more local holidays, I’ve missed those 24 hour flights 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, AussieBoyTX said:

😉

Interestingly we were sent an additional document this week ‘PONANT’s Health Protection Measures Statement of Guest Acknowledgement’ that we have to sign. 

So we now have the health declaration, medical clearance form (self completed for ?expeditions only) and this new form acknowledging we’ve read their guidelines.

I wonder if they’ve had people boarding not happy with the new formalities?? 

PONANT’s Health Protection Measures Statement of Guest Acknowledgement
PONANT has combined small capacity ships, eco-design and health protocols to offer responsible travel that promotes sustainable tourism. Thanks to this business model, which is exceptional in the cruise sector, the company is well equipped to roll out protocols rigorously, quickly, and efficiently.
Over many years, the company has also invested in state-of-the-art medical facilities on board its ships (ultrasound and radiography equipment, testing on site, resuscitation equipment and more) that go well beyond what current standards for tourism require. A medical team comprising of at least one doctor and a nurse are available 24/7.
In case of an alert, should anyone on board show symptoms of contagion to Covid-19, they will be immediately treated by PONANT’s medical team, and a specific protocol will apply including immediate search and isolation of contact cases and disinfection of potentially infected areas.
Your safety is one of our primary concerns. As the rules and regulations change and evolve, PONANT is continuing to adapt and optimize its already robust protocol integrating all the technological, human and material measures to ensure your safety on board.
The risk of exposure to Covid-19 will occur with any form of travel. PONANT’s health and safety measures aim to reduce the risk of exposure and we ask all guests comply with our protocols for the health and safety of all on board.
Review PONANT’s comprehensive health and safety measures here:
https://au.ponant.com/sail-with-confidence
OR scan this QR code:
I acknowledge that I have read PONANT’s health and safety measures and look forward to my cruise.
PLEASE HAND THIS IN AT EMBARKATION
Guest Name:..................................................................... Guest Cabin #:..................................................................
Guest Signature:.............................................................. Date:...................................................................................

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gogo65 said:

Interestingly we were sent an additional document this week ‘PONANT’s Health Protection Measures Statement of Guest Acknowledgement’ that we have to sign. 

So we now have the health declaration, medical clearance form (self completed for ?expeditions only) and this new form acknowledging we’ve read their guidelines.

I wonder if they’ve had people boarding not happy with the new formalities?? 

Not sure what to make of this -- it looks sort of like a we've done everything we can, but you still might get sick letter.

I did click through to the linked letter and note that the mask language has been updated:

image.thumb.png.14612e3ebddda4b928373e3010a17d9b.png

21 minutes ago, AussieBoyTX said:

Not sure what to make of this -- it looks sort of like a we've done everything we can, but you still might get sick letter.

I did click through to the linked letter and note that the mask language has been updated:

image.thumb.png.14612e3ebddda4b928373e3010a17d9b.png

And if we tell you too, we can isolate you as a close contact or make you wear a mask..….so don’t turn around and say I didn’t know!!