Ship to Athens airport

IEHL

It should normally be plenty of time - you can arrange with WS to let you off the ship as soon as possible. They will ask that you be at a specific spot and that you have your bags with you.  Hopefully airports will be back to normal by May, right now I wouldn't risk it.

For transport, it costs a bit more than a cab but we use a service called Welcome Pickups. They have an easy to use App, the drivers are friendly and speak good English and there's no need to "negotiate" with a cab. You get an instant confirmation when you book and then closer to the trip they'll check in and give you the driver's name and so on. Highly recommended. They even took the time to check our stated arrival flight and time and contacted me to ask for clarification since the flight number and arrival time didn't make sense. That's good service.

To give a sense of price, I just booked an airport pickup to city center and a city center to Piraeus, and the total was $77.

Edited by milepig

18 hours ago, IEHL said:

Thank you milepig.I will definitely look into the car service. I like to be totally prepared.

Just curious about your moniker milepig??

It goes way back and is a reference for my then desire to collect airline miles doing whatever it took. Not so much since Covid! It's sort of used for all things related to travel

• 4 weeks later...

Another vote for Welcome Pickups in Athens/Piraeus.  Our flights usually leave Athens at the crack of dawn, so I book a room at the Sofitel at the airport.  Last trip, we liked our Welcome Pickups driver so much that 4 of us booked him for a full day trip from the Sofitel to the Temple of Poseidon - might have been the best day of our trip.  If you get tired of the Acropolis crowds, the Temple of Poseidon is spectacular, and he waited for us while we had lunch at his favorite restaurant on the beach before returning us to the Sofitel.  We all thought it was great finale to a wonderful cruise.