Unusual situation/Good Customer Service

BillOh

I've been creating a bunch of unusual circumstances since returning to cruising after the shutdown, perhaps I'm out of practice.   Saw a price drop on my upcoming cruise - jumped on it. Found out later the $250 price drop caused me to lose the $25 OBC I had that I used to pay for the soda package. Got an email saying I needed to pay it, the website said it was paid in full. The Customer Care rep took care of it quickly and sent a receipt right away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

I've been creating a bunch of unusual circumstances since returning to cruising after the shutdown, perhaps I'm out of practice.   Saw a price drop on my upcoming cruise - jumped on it. Found out later the $250 price drop caused me to lose the $25 OBC I had that I used to pay for the soda package. Got an email saying I needed to pay it, the website said it was paid in full. The Customer Care rep took care of it quickly and sent a receipt right away.

So if the price drops and we booked at a higher price, we can request the difference?

2 minutes ago, moposh said:

So if the price drops and we booked at a higher price, we can request the difference?

If before final payment.  There are often other rules that might preclude it, i.e., for new bookings only.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moposh said:

Yes, I have done it many times.  Just last week I saved $200 on a Harmony of the seas booking for Dec 2023.

If I find a better price for the same cabin category on their website i have never not been able to get reduction if before final payment. 

3 hours ago, moposh said:

I actually canceled my reservation and rebooked at this other rate, they let me do that. The other rate was cheaper, but didn't include the $25 OBC from my web booking. 

3 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

Yes, I have done it many times.  Just last week I saved $200 on a Harmony of the seas booking for Dec 2023.

If I find a better price for the same cabin category on their website i have never not been able to get reduction if before final payment. 

I do it all the time!  I get many price drops.  If the price goes lower than I pay, I call and immediately they apply the price drop as long as it is before final payment.

• Like 1

Be careful if you recently booked a cruise with a Non refundable deposit. RCCL has changed some of their rules. If you booked with a non refundable deposit, call the cruise line if you booked direct or your travel agent to see about a price adjustment. Do not cancel the cruise yourself and try to rebook as you could be out your deposit.