Cruise Later Certificate question

GateGuardian

I bought a cruise later certificate on my last cruise. I noticed that instead of providing a certificate, it's just a reservation 17yrs in the future.

So my question is, if I want to book a cruise with this certificate, do I have to book through Celebrity or can it be with a TA? Will the TA get credit if I book through them?

Thanks!

Was it assigned to your TA already or is it still with Celebrity?   If it's still with Celebrity I'd call your TA and see if they can take it as is or if you have to select a sailing with Celebrity then transfer it to them provided it's within 30 days of when you booked it onboard.

Your TA should be very familiar with these and be able to help you as well.

Yes they can deal with them and they get paid the regular commission on the booking.

Be sure to get the booking transferred within 30 days of purchasing the cruise later certificate. I was a few days late and my TA could not take over the booking. If you don't want to transfer it you just call Celebrity, tell them you have the cruise later certificate and want to book a cruise. That's what I ended up doing. I picked the cruise out online and just related the info to them. It was fairly painless.

13 hours ago, larry_s_taco said:

Be sure to get the booking transferred within 30 days of purchasing the cruise later certificate. I was a few days late and my TA could not take over the booking. If you don't want to transfer it you just call Celebrity, tell them you have the cruise later certificate and want to book a cruise. That's what I ended up doing. I picked the cruise out online and just related the info to them. It was fairly painless.

Well it's already past 30 days, so I guess Celebrity is the only route.