Is Halloween a thing on the ships?

Milaj02

No Halloween is a big deal on Carnival. I am not sure if they're going to do the big atrium party for Halloween this year, but even if they don't they should do a deck party. Plenty of people dress up.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Milaj02 said:

Hello everyone. I’m traveling on the Mardi Gras in October and will be on the ship for Halloween. Would I be the only one wearing a costume? 

I was Panorama the week before Halloween last year. We had a costume contest on the lido deck one night. They had individual, group, and kids awards.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

I was on Breeze over Halloween in 2015 and there were some phenomenal costumes. Entire families dress up as characters from different shows - The Addams Family, Scooby Doo and Friends, The Wizard of Oz, etc. Lots of creativity! And the ship decorations were great too.

• Like 1

We did Halloween with my mom and our daughter in 2010.  We dressed as M&Ms, with everybody a different color.  Many other people dressed in creative costumes for the costume contest, too.  We have great memories from the cruise and can assure you that your fellow passengers will be dressed for the day.

• Like 2

We were on Carnival Paradise around Halloween 2018. The atrium was decorated throughout the cruise. On a sea day there was a pumpkin carving contest for passengers,  a pumpkin carving demonstration by galley staff (similar to an ice carving demonstration) and a mummy wrap contest, among other events. In the evening some passengers appeared in costume. There might have been a costume contest, but I'm not sure.

Was on a 14 day to Hawaii & back, Oct 2019, Halloween fell on the 3rd to last day, the entire 28th-31st days on the way back were all Halloween. Big, huge costume contest, pumpkins, trick-or-treat, etc, lots of it. The entire 2 weeks was decorated, but the first half of the cruise was all Hawaiian, 2nd half was all Halloween. It was fun. Lots of cabin decorations for sure. 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, Abr155 said:

Thank you for sharing that!!  John Heald had mentioned a few weeks ago that the ships would have Halloween activities all month and more info would be coming.  I haven't seen anything yet.  We are sailing in October for the first time (our cruises are usually mid-winter or spring) and I was very excited to learn that they would be celebrating Halloween all month.  

• Like 2