Just got our etickets for our 9/10/22 Seashore cruise !

Shippy

The part about "E-Tickets are only available within 20 days of your cruise departure. Please check back once your cruise is 20 days away " is just MSC speak. I've gotten eDocs months in advance. 

29 minutes ago, Shippy said:

...we have a 10am boarding time !

This could change....not that anyone at the port cares about boarding time, anyway. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shippy said:

Surprised they were this early AND surprised we have a 10am boarding time !

I got my tickets a few minutes after booking my cruise (granted, booked less than a month before) and ended up with 2pm, which is great for me to run some errands around Orlando before heading to Canaveral.  

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

This could change....not that anyone at the port cares about boarding time, anyway. 

Agreed on both counts. I think the boarding times show the earliest time until they actually assign a real boarding time. To have it say "To be assigned" or something would be a bridge too far for the MSC IT geniuses.

Now, you might think you could just print out that page as is and plead innocence at the port if you show up at that time. But they do text and email profusely just before cruise day to make sure you understand your boarding time is whatever.

But they don't seem to look at it anyway (may be port and/or greeter dependent).

9 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The part about "E-Tickets are only available within 20 days of your cruise departure. Please check back once your cruise is 20 days away " is just MSC speak. I've gotten eDocs months in advance. 

So we got our e tickets right after we completed our on board check in information. I chuckled at out boarding time which according to MSC begins at 10am and closes “1 hour after assigned boarding time”. So if we show up at 11:30 we are out of luck?  I’ve never sailed MSC but this was new to me. No worries tho, we are happy to embark asap. 

12 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So we got our e tickets right after we completed our on board check in information. I chuckled at out boarding time which according to MSC begins at 10am and closes “1 hour after assigned boarding time”. So if we show up at 11:30 we are out of luck?  I’ve never sailed MSC but this was new to me. No worries tho, we are happy to embark asap. 

Your boarding time can, and will, change at least four times before you actually board.  It'll come via email and text.  I say ignore all of them and go when it suits you.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Your boarding time can, and will, change at least four times before you actually board.  It'll come via email and text.  I say ignore all of them and go when it suits you.  

Good because they have me at 1PM, that is late

Yeahhhh the first time we sailed MSC, our boarding time changed, and we were assigned a later boarding time (1? 130?). I don’t remember exactly, but wasn’t sure how strict they were, so we showed up around our scheduled time. We were in YC, and got on right away. However, the YC restaurant had already closed for lunch 😑

We’re in YC again on our upcoming sailing, and learned our lesson…we’ll board around 11 this time so we can enjoy lunch on day 1.

• Like 2

We just got off Seashore this morning. We originally had the 10am boarding time but a week before sailing got an email changing it to 2:30pm and a text a day before sailing reminding us to board at 2:30. Everyone in my cruise group that had 10am got it changed to the later time.

We arrived at 10:30 anyways and got through all the check in spots very quick. But then the waiting area is VERY small. We couldn't find a seat and finally an employee took pity on us and made people move their belongings that were taking up chairs.

Then we waited until about 12:45 before they actually started boarding.

Once onboard room wasn't ready until about 2:30 and our luggage didn't arrive until 9pm.

We were in line this morning by 6:30 to carry off luggage at 7:15 like instructed. They didn't start disembarking until 7:45 and by that time the first batch of rooms was also leaving so it was a congested mad house.

Bring your patience you will need it lol.