My Drinks Plus?

Noo

We are considering our first cruise with Costa in October but I'm finding it quite hard to find much information compared to other lines I've sailed with!  We would have the "My Drinks Plus" package, but I'm curious about the wine.  The information I've found states that you can get white, red or rose with meals, but it doesn't mention it elsewhere.  It does say that you can get unlimited cocktails, beers and spirits, but we don't drink too many of those.  Would a glass of wine by the glass from a bar be included in this package?  I wouldn't be interested in buying a bottle when I already have a drinks package.

I've seen other posts about drinks packages but they seem to have different names than the one that I'm seeing.  I'm not sure if this is a recent change or if they title it differently in the UK.  🙂

Thanks very much

18 hours ago, Noo said:

We are considering our first cruise with Costa in October but I'm finding it quite hard to find much information compared to other lines I've sailed with!  We would have the "My Drinks Plus" package, but I'm curious about the wine.  The information I've found states that you can get white, red or rose with meals, but it doesn't mention it elsewhere.  It does say that you can get unlimited cocktails, beers and spirits, but we don't drink too many of those.  Would a glass of wine by the glass from a bar be included in this package?  I wouldn't be interested in buying a bottle when I already have a drinks package.

I've seen other posts about drinks packages but they seem to have different names than the one that I'm seeing.  I'm not sure if this is a recent change or if they title it differently in the UK.  🙂

Thanks very much

Yes wine is included in the package.  There are several "brands" of white, red, rose and sparkling such as prosecco or brut that you can choose from.    The restaurants only serve soft drinks, wines and beers and do not have spirits which might explain why they mention that.  All of the Costa ships we have been on so far have had a "Wine Bar" as one of their lounges. They also serve wine in other bars but may not have the whole selection.

Edited by Janet&Carl
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

Yes wine is included in the package.  There are several "brands" of white, red, rose and sparkling such as prosecco or brut that you can choose from.    The restaurants only serve soft drinks, wines and beers and do not have spirits which might explain why they mention that.  All of the Costa ships we have been on so far have had a "Wine Bar" as one of their lounges. They also serve wine in other bars but may not have the whole selection.

That's great!  Thanks very much for your help.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:04 PM, Janet&Carl said:

Well summed up.

On our recent cruise and as a red drinker, there were 3 different variety's to choose from, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and a rather nice Nero d'Avola. There may have been one other but my memory is clear on it. All available at bars around the ship.

• Like 1

Hi

Can anyone help me with the difference between the My Drinks and My Drinks Plus packages. As far as I can see the My Drinks Plus Package includes more cocktails, unlimited bottle water and a minibar (even though I have heard there is none on board Costa Firenze). Is there any difference in the selection of wine (white, sparkling and rosé)?

Thanks in advance ;O)

a minibar (even though I have heard there is none on board Costa Firenze). This cannot be correct, every cruise-line has a fridge in their cabins which they stock with drinks - so a minibar. I would re-check that information.

Firenze did not have a refrigerator, there did not even seem to be an electrical outlet for one. Those with medications which must be refrigerated must ask for a "cold bag". Of course suites may be different. I believe this to be the case on all the new ships, and I recall seeing a post somewhere, perhaps Princess, that that ship did not have refrigerators.

7 hours ago, BVILady said:

a minibar (even though I have heard there is none on board Costa Firenze). This cannot be correct, every cruise-line has a fridge in their cabins which they stock with drinks - so a minibar. I would re-check that information.

There was a cupboard which looked as if it might be a fridge/minibar but I can assure you it wasn't, either in January or last month.

1764298316_2022CostaFirenze(139).thumb.JPG.1592dc1cf09ea3d4a954d9b51ba6a012.JPG

Wansbrough - thanks for input in regards to the (non existing) minibar. Du you by any chance have any photos of the drinksmenu so I can figure out the differences between the the two drinks packages when it comes to wine (and cocktails)?

6 hours ago, MM2022 said:

Wansbrough - thanks for input in regards to the (non existing) minibar. Du you by any chance have any photos of the drinksmenu so I can figure out the differences between the the two drinks packages when it comes to wine (and cocktails)?

Hope this is of use. 😁🍻🍸🍹🥂🥃🍷

Costa Bar List Standard July 2022.pdf

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 4:44 PM, Wansbrough said:

There was a cupboard which looked as if it might be a fridge/minibar but I can assure you it wasn't, either in January or last month.

1764298316_2022CostaFirenze(139).thumb.JPG.1592dc1cf09ea3d4a954d9b51ba6a012.JPG

sorry to hear that, this is definitely a step backwards instead of forwards. SMH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 8:26 PM, MM2022 said:

Hi

Can anyone help me with the difference between the My Drinks and My Drinks Plus packages. As far as I can see the My Drinks Plus Package includes more cocktails, unlimited bottle water and a minibar (even though I have heard there is none on board Costa Firenze). Is there any difference in the selection of wine (white, sparkling and rosé)?

Thanks in advance ;O)

Hi MM - we travelled with friends - we had the top package they had the normal one - the wines that they were able to choose from was much more limited.  I was able to choose anything on the list (including Champagne) except bottles - didnt need to open a bottle - I chose a glass of a particular wine and the bottle was opened for me 🙂 I havent cruised since the shut down but the menus (google Costa Cruise bar menus) were colour coded.  You could easily see the difference of what was included and what was not.  

The premium plus had a brown dot - the premium yellow and the cheers ? was green. So if you look up menus you will see the difference in drinks 

Costa Cruises, Drinks Guide – Drinks Packages and Menus – Emma Cruises 

• Like 1

Hi Janet and Carl. thanks a lot for your input😉

I have looked at all the drinks card I could find and that Wansbrough has kindly provided. However, all that is listed is "wine by the glass" and no difference between the packages? Am confused 😂. Can anyone help?

thanks a lot

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2022 at 12:38 AM, MM2022 said:

Hi Janet and Carl. thanks a lot for your input😉

I have looked at all the drinks card I could find and that Wansbrough has kindly provided. However, all that is listed is "wine by the glass" and no difference between the packages? Am confused 😂. Can anyone help?

thanks a lot

The difference is in the color of the dot at the start of the list - if there is only a brown dot it is only included in the premium package.  

image.png.bfe0142c5187f9c533475f00841b61ed.png

The restaurants will have a more extensive wine list that is separate from the bar list that is posted above.   There will be different inclusions for each level of drink package.

There is also a Wine Bar onboard most Costa ships and a Sommelier to help with choices.  All wines in the wine bar will not be in the lower level drink package but some will be included in the premium package.

I hope this helps 🙂 

Edited by Janet&Carl

• 5 weeks later...

When you book the  100% alcohol-free (40 beverages) what non-alcoholic drinks are included in that?

"The best of non-alcoholic beverages from the bar drinks list. This package provides easy access to: fruit juices, cold teas, cordials, and non-alcoholic long drinks. Maximum freedom  for you to enjoy or offer to anyone at any time during the cruise."