Internet Speed on the Dolphin Deck (Volendam)

jeff74

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with how fast internet access was on the dolphin deck.  We're in the aft section on the Volendam on an upcoming cruise.  I'm a little worried it'll be like at our house where the edges have spotty/slower connectivity.  Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There are wifi antennas all over the ships now. Any speed limitations are more about satellite uplink connection and how many others are using it, or bandwidth available. Internet speeds on ships rarely compete well with land service.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jeff74 said:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with how fast internet access was on the dolphin deck.  We're in the aft section on the Volendam on an upcoming cruise.  I'm a little worried it'll be like at our house where the edges have spotty/slower connectivity.  Thanks in advance!

It is my experience that the stateroom walls are metal and do not have their own repeaters (except Neptune/Pinnacle Suites) so better connections for some are sitting in their open doorway, public areas around the ship (my fave is around the indoor pool at a table under a repeater box), or in the Crow's Nest.

• Thanks 1

I'm already envisioning the complaints from my wife who will be working on the cruise and my son who will be playing Roblox or whatever.  He seems like a strong candidate for getting throttled down on internet speed lol.