Status of Straws Onboard

basicprincess24

Wondering what kinds of straws are currently available onboard? It's been 3 years since our last Carnival cruise, and at that time both paper and sugar straws were offered, with the sugar straws primarily for frozen drinks. Is this still the case? Not a big deal by any means, but I remember really disliking the sugar straws in particular since they got sticky over time. 

• Like 1

I have a collapsible metal straw with a nice little rubber tip on it that has its own little plastic tube carrying case.  LOVE it... overall it is like 4" long and fits right in my pocket. Just slightly longer (but a bit narrower) than carrying around a lipstick in my pocket. Bought 2 and take them every cruise now.

The whole "straw" policy is a charade.  I make my living on the water and it's all nonsense.

The Turtles getting straws up their nose are  very isolated incidents. It's like getting struck by lightning... very slim chance and rarely happens.

Just like beached whales or sharks beaching themselves.. very rare.. 

All these straw polices do is make someone "feel better".. it has  absolutley no effects on the turtles or any other sea animal, fish

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 4:14 PM, ShakyBeef said:

I bring my own now:

20220811_190216

Not all 2000.  Just about 30-50 per cruise, in a gallon-sized Ziplock bag.  Just some of my DIY to make our cruise experience closer to what it used to be.

I carry mine in a toothbrush travel case. You can put about 10-14 in at a time and I keep it in my purse. Works perfectly. 

Just now, Sotermarler said:

I carry mine in a toothbrush travel case. You can put about 10-14 in at a time and I keep it in my purse. Works perfectly. 

That's a cool idea for shorter straws.🙂  But my straws are 10.25 inches long.  Never seen a toothbrush holder that long.

1 minute ago, Sotermarler said:

I did have to snip my longer ones. 

Thanks, but I wouldn't want to do that with mine. They're individually wrapped.  Also I like them long for the taller frozen drink glasses.  I just keep the gallon-sized Ziplock of them in the cabin and each day pop a few into my wristlet / small cruise purse for walking around the ship ordering drinks.