Using On Board Credit Question

teacherman

We have received a $200 on board credit for our November cruise.  I am trying to reserve some specialty dining that is $247.00.  If I reserve it, will they charge my credit card the entire $247 or just the $47 and then use the on board credit?  Or do I have to use the on board credit once I am onboard?  Also, if I book something and then later change my mind, can I just cancel it and receive a refund back to my card/  As you can see, it has been a long time since we had any on board credit.  Any information/advice is welcome.    Thank you.

10 minutes ago, teacherman said:

We have received a $200 on board credit for our November cruise.  I am trying to reserve some specialty dining that is $247.00.  If I reserve it, will they charge my credit card the entire $247 or just the $47 and then use the on board credit?  Or do I have to use the on board credit once I am onboard?  Also, if I book something and then later change my mind, can I just cancel it and receive a refund back to my card/  As you can see, it has been a long time since we had any on board credit.  Any information/advice is welcome.    Thank you.

If it is Celebrity OBC, it should be showing up in your cruise planner.

When you go to buy something on the cruise planner, scroll down and it will allow you to apply any amount of your available OBC to the purchase.  If it's not enough, the balance can be paid at the same point on your credit card.  Go through as though you were purchasing, and when you go to your 'cart', you'll see the two ways of paying.

• Like 1