Margaritaville vs. Jack's Shack

LadyBerard

Going in Jan. on Nieuw Statendam.  I've seen the menu/prices for Jack's Shack, but have not seen the menu/prices for Margaritaville.  Have never been to either of these two places while at this port.  Does anybody have pricing for food/drinks at Margaritaville that they can post?

I see that Margaritaville  has a nice big bar and pool.  Does it have easy access to the beach?  Margaritaville  has a DJ.  Does Jack's Shack have live music or a DJ?  I've also read that you used to get free beach chairs at Jack's Shack if buying drinks/food, but now it is under new ownership and you have to pay for your chairs on the beach.

If anybody has been to both of these places, would you please let me know which you prefer and why.  Thank you.

Suzanne

Margaritaville is right at the port.  Also Beached Wale on other side.  Both on beach and umbrella /lounger access.    Jack's is a 5-10 minute walk up the beach.  Also loungers and umbrellas. No DJ or bands.   Not under "new" ownership,  just Jack's partner taking over.

Margaritaville is LOUD!  Beached Whale less so.  Jacks can get crowded if more than 1 ship is in port.

Margaritaville menu:

https://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/grand-turk/

Beached Whale menu:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147396-d10784991-Reviews-The_Beached_Whale_Bar_Grill-Grand_Turk_Turks_and_Caicos.html

• 2 months later...

We've been to both with the last time being in 2019.

I had heard a lot about Jack's Shack so we made the 5 minute walk down the beach to it. We honestly thought it was overated, expensive, and filthy. The bathroom was disgusting and the service was horrendous. If you want some solace, their beach area is quieter and away from the cruise area. It's essentially a no frills shack on the beach. Won't be going back.

4/ 10

Margaritaville has the resort type feel. Large pool, swim up and stand up bars, food but expensive as well. Lot's of chairs inside and out and still close to the beach. Has a party atmosphere and some island vibe.

8/10

• Like 1