Penisular Club

tokyo1949

1 hour ago, tokyo1949 said:

How do you become a member of this club. We sailed on Oriana July 2019 fir 12 nights so couldnt join until we achieved 15 nights. We are sailing for 14 nights next month on Britannia so wonder how this will happen.

I would suggest you go down to the Loyalty Desk on board and ask about them about your points and membership.

Enjoy your cruise.

Unless the rules have changed, and if I'm not wrong, you won't benefit until your third cruise. As you say, you don't qualify for membership until you've done fifteen nights, but it doesn't start part way through a cruise.

Your 14 nights will be added to the twelve from 2019, giving you 260 points. The first 15 nights (150 points) will be deducted from this, giving you 110 points to qualify. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

Unless the rules have changed, and if I'm not wrong, you won't benefit until your third cruise. As you say, you don't qualify for membership until you've done fifteen nights, but it doesn't start part way through a cruise.

Your 14 nights will be added to the twelve from 2019, giving you 260 points. The first 15 nights (150 points) will be deducted from this, giving you 110 points to qualify. 

The 140 points from your second cruise will be added to the 120 points from your first cruise. This will give you a total of 260 points once you have completed the second cruise, putting you in the Pacific Tier of the Peninsula Club. You will then start to benefit for being a member, for example 5% on board spend discount on your next cruise. Benefits increase the more nights you spend on board with subsequent cruises.

8 hours ago, FangedRose said:

It just will. You need to do nothing. You will probably get an email several weeks after your return about it.

This should be correct. When you do your first cruise, you get your Peninsular Club number issued. Assuming whoever booked the second cruise, found the same details then they will link.

Say, you've moved house, got married and changed surname, have different contact details between cruise 1 and booking cruise 2, you might get a second Peninsular Club number issued. If so, then a quick phone call can merge them.

4 hours ago, molecrochip said:

This should be correct. When you do your first cruise, you get your Peninsular Club number issued. Assuming whoever booked the second cruise, found the same details then they will link.

Say, you've moved house, got married and changed surname, have different contact details between cruise 1 and booking cruise 2, you might get a second Peninsular Club number issued. If so, then a quick phone call can merge them.

Yes it does seem to work quite well.

My late wife as the lead passenger booked us both a P&O cruise 13 years ago. When recently I started cruising with P&O again I was given a new (My Own) account number and remarkably the 70 points previously earned as Portunus club points were automatically credited to my account as Peninsular points.

Presumably they identified me from my surname and address, found my wifes' account and transferred the points to my new account.

Edited by GOQ
added
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your replies. I did notice on this booking that there were numbers etc below our names so assume they may be our membership numbers. I will just ask the question whilst onboard as we have another cruise booked next March,

It works the same with Cunard. I became a 'World Club' member after cruising with them in 1995. When I took my second cruise with them in 2016, initially they gave me a new number but when I gave them the address I was at in 1995, they found my original membership.