Self upgrade from sail away inside to regular balcony / do I get option to get the

KyleClark

15 minutes ago, KyleClark said:

We are past final payment. Balcony prices have dropped. If I upgrade myself to a regular balcony do I have the option to get free the beverage package offered?

Thx....

I don't see why not.You'll be upgrading to a balcony at the prevailing rate, so whatever FAS bennies come with the cabin should be included.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KyleClark said:

We are past final payment. Balcony prices have dropped. If I upgrade myself to a regular balcony do I have the option to get free the beverage package offered?

Thx....

That's a great question.  Please let us know what you find out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KyleClark said:

Thx....

As stated above, call NCL to make sure you can do this.  I'll assume you can but I'm not an NCL employee, so...

Otherwise, if it's a Sailaway balcony, then no.  But if it's a balcony that otherwise includes the FAS package (BA, BB, BC, etc.) then you'd get the perk.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2

I've upgraded after final payment on two recent cruises. (1 in July, the other coming up in December)  As long as you pay more than your original booking, you'll receive whatever is being offered in that cabin category.

The change I made in July took me from an OV on deck 5 to a Balcony on deck 9.  The additional cost was $12.35!  It pays to keep checking prices...

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are successful, you are not upgrading. You are paying for a balcony and get the perks for the balcony class room at the time of rebooking. 

Why do you say this isn't an upgrade?  After final, when you change to a higher category cabin & pay the additional price, the reservation number stays the same.  It's a repricing, not a rebooking.

In my mind, I've upgraded.  What am I missing here?

Edited by phoenix1181
  • Like 1