Online Check In

bee-ess

I have completed the online check in, uploaded photos and printed Boarding Pass with no problem, but I can see no reference to Luggage Labels anywhere. Are they stored somewhere else ? Cannot see them in the Cruise Personaliser either. 

Does anyone know where they are stored ?

33 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I have completed the online check in, uploaded photos and printed Boarding Pass with no problem, but I can see no reference to Luggage Labels anywhere. Are they stored somewhere else ? Cannot see them in the Cruise Personaliser either. 

Does anyone know where they are stored ?

Log into your My P&O account (cruise letter code, name, DOB) and click on "Booking Summary"

At the top of that page is a brief description of your cruise, Cabin No etc and beneath that are 3 blue circles "Check-In" (which should be ticked in your case), "Print E-Tickets" and "Print Luggage Labels". Just click on these in turn to download and print off the relevant docs.

Sadly P&O have further penny pinched and  left you with labels that are made from the A4 paper you use to print. These pages then have to be folded in a specific way, looped around your case handle and stapled in place. I just hope they survive the luggage handling process or there will be multiple cases looking for cabins after sail-away.

Also I'm not sure what people who do not have access to a printer will do.

Edited by arlowood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We bought some wide rolls of sellotape , 2 or 3 rolls for £1 ( guess where from) and when folded up sellotape on each side, then staple together, been doing that for years and never had a label break. In fact you have to cut off with scissors when you get home, not just rip off.

1 hour ago, arlowood said:

Log into your My P&O account (cruise letter code, name, DOB) and click on "Booking Summary"

At the top of that page is a brief description of your cruise, Cabin No etc and beneath that are 3 blue circles "Check-In" (which should be ticked in your case), "Print E-Tickets" and "Print Luggage Labels". Just click on these in turn to download and print off the relevant docs.

Sadly P&O have further penny pinched and  left you with labels that are made from the A4 paper you use to print. These pages then have to be folded in a specific way, looped around your case handle and stapled in place. I just hope they survive the luggage handling process or there will be multiple cases looking for cabins after sail-away.

We have used printed paper luggage labels on about 2 dozen cruises, and never had any problems with them at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Upload photos?  I'm not doing that.  They only take them again at the port.

Not if the photo you uploaded was suitable. I uploaded my passport/driving licence photo. They didn't take another one. There was a few who were having photos taken, and held up the queue.

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have read that loads of people who uploaded photos had them taken again at the port.

Cunard did even though we used our passport photo's , haven't bothered since  as they are happy enough to take it at  the port ,as for printing luggage labels we just get our TA to do any printing , after all that's one of the benefits of using one

• Like 1

Just now, gsmt47471015 said:

Cunard did even though we used our passport photo's , haven't bothered since  as they are happy enough to take it at  the port ,as for printing luggage labels we just get our TA to do any printing , after all that's one of the benefits of using one

We do double them up though before stapling, never had any come off ( as yet!!)

47 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Not if the photo you uploaded was suitable. I uploaded my passport/driving licence photo. They didn't take another one. There was a few who were having photos taken, and held up the queue.

My photos were accepted at check in  but then had disappeared when we boarded, so we had to have new ones taken at security.

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My photos were accepted at check in  but then had disappeared when we boarded, so we had to have new ones taken at security.

I've had that happen when photo was taken at check in

4 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

We bought some wide rolls of sellotape , 2 or 3 rolls for £1 ( guess where from) and when folded up sellotape on each side, then staple together, been doing that for years and never had a label break. In fact you have to cut off with scissors when you get home, not just rip off.

The alternative is to use a stapler and use a small screwdriver to dig the bent staples out of the machine. We too use sellotape.

11 hours ago, arlowood said:

@bee-ess

Completed our Check In and printed Boarding passes ok this morning too.  Had to log out and back in again before E-ticket and luggage label circles turned blue and allowed us to print.

You can get labels from the porters table located where you drop your luggage at the terminal, if required.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:54 AM, jeanlyon said:

Upload photos?  I'm not doing that.  They only take them again at the port.

They only do it again if background not ok - happened to us last cruise but not anytime before