Short Notice

JandKCruisers

I paid off the Balance due for world cruise last week and received an email from Princess titled "SHORTFALL NOTICE" and a balance due is Zero. Does anyone know what this means?  I contacted my Princess TA and also the Princess Live Chat and was told they didn't know what this means but that I have paid the balance due.  I am nervous that my reservation might get cancelled and I have tried to do the world cruise for 3 years.

6 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

I paid off the Balance due for world cruise last week and received an email from Princess titled "SHORTFALL NOTICE" and a balance due is Zero. Does anyone know what this means?  I contacted my Princess TA and also the Princess Live Chat and was told they didn't know what this means but that I have paid the balance due.  I am nervous that my reservation might get cancelled and I have tried to do the world cruise for 3 years.

Very odd.  That’s a law term and I haven’t heard it used by cruise lines.

Could it have been sent in error by their accounting team?

Check the roll call, see if others received it.  I wouldn’t worry, you’re paid in full and your TA can verify that.  They could also call PCL and tell them to clarify.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Very odd.  That’s a law term and I haven’t heard it used by cruise lines.

Could it have been sent in error by their accounting team?

Check the roll call, see if others received it.  I wouldn’t worry, you’re paid in full and your TA can verify that.  They could also call PCL and tell them to clarify.

Yes, another passenger had the same email as I did and can't get an answer either.

• Like 1

Just now, dog said:

I have had this message when paid in full.  You have already called to confirm your booking and payment. My advice is to check your booking on website & app frequently for changes.

Thanks!  I am checking all every day.  

• Like 1

I would also recommend taking a photo of the computer screen that shows paid in full,  just in case there is a problem later.

I got a shortfall notice because the CVP department rebooked my canceled Diamond cruise,  but another department has to apply the price protection and make the balance go away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, donswife said:

I would also recommend taking a photo of the computer screen that shows paid in full,  just in case there is a problem later.

I got a shortfall notice because the CVP department rebooked my canceled Diamond cruise,  but another department has to apply the price protection and make the balance go away.

Thanks!