Mobility scooter advice

Suebiker

29 minutes ago, packercruising said:

As you can see, NCL allows folding mobility scooters in a standard stateroom if they fit through the door. Or did I read that wrong.

It seems to say that but the scooter must be narrower than 26 inches have gel-cell batteries and be 110v recharged with charger. Although grammatically speaking this is slightly ambiguous as it could be inferred that larger width scooters are allowed in accessible cabins and the measurements appy to standard cabins

Regards John

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 12:55 PM, Suebiker said:

Hi

I am considering purchasing a mobility scooter for my husband.  I know that P and O need you to book an accessible cabin if you wish to take a scooter.  Just wondering if this still the case if the scooter folds into a small suitcase and is only to be used ashore.  My husband can manage around the ship and wouldn't use it onboard.  It would be stored in the cabin. wheeled off the ship and then just used ashore.  Would you still have to book an accessible cabin or would you be allowed to book a standard cabin.

This is the scooter I was looking at buying

Moving Life Atto | Mobility Equipment online & in-store in Beverley, serving Hull & East Yorkshire (fox-mobility.co.uk)

Just wondering if anyone has been allowed to take something like this in a standard cabin.

Thanks

Have spoken to P and O today, they are adamant no mobility scooters folding or not allowed in cabins unless it is accessible one or mini suite, as I wanted to take an instant folding one. Glad to say we managed to change cabins for our next cruise at Christmas  to accessible one. The customer assistant was very helpful. 

I have a Holiday cruise booked on Ventura and due to a slipped disc which has occurred after I booked I may need a collapsible scooter and have booked one with Mobility at Sea. I will be in a limited outlook cabin on Deck 8 and I have rented the collapsible electric scooter Cruiser 12a which because it narrows down to about 15" will pass through a normal cabin door. It can be pushed or driven and I think that Mobility at Sea are one of the preferred partners to provide these. Fingers crossed I may not need it as I am due Epidural injections and may hopefully be walking without sticks again  but I have done as Lee Childs the author of the character advocates  by hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

1 hour ago, foz1946 said:

I have a Holiday cruise booked on Ventura and due to a slipped disc which has occurred after I booked I may need a collapsible scooter and have booked one with Mobility at Sea. I will be in a limited outlook cabin on Deck 8 and I have rented the collapsible electric scooter Cruiser 12a which because it narrows down to about 15" will pass through a normal cabin door. It can be pushed or driven and I think that Mobility at Sea are one of the preferred partners to provide these. Fingers crossed I may not need it as I am due Epidural injections and may hopefully be walking without sticks again  but I have done as Lee Childs the author of the character advocates  by hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Hope you are ok by the time your cruise comes around. Have you checked with P&O that you can take the scooter in the cabin? Looking at post #52 it may need clarifying.

Best of luck.

I rang P&O and explained to them that I may well need assistance at Southampton due to my slipped disc and this was made note of on my booking and was then sent a form asking details about my needs and I provided details of the machine a cruiser 12A that I had rented from Mobility at Sea with sizes and what batteries it used. I did also add that I have partial mobility well a bit more than partial as I can walk with a walking stick albeit slowly which could be fun if we have rough seas but fingers crossed for a millpond crossing .Then sent this back by email attachment and after reading some of the points raised by posters that mobility scooters were not allowed of any sort that were not accessible or otherwise called P&O and was told that the paperwork was in order and I would be met if required when I arrive at Southampton. I was told by the cruise lady that some turn up with scooters that are too large and without informing anyone and they do end up with problems. I do hope to be able to reply again to this topic when I arrive back from my cruise with the tale of the success or otherwise of the venture. Happy cruising

• Like 3

Sunday the 2nd of October 2022 on ny 57th wedding anniversary and pleased to report that I am on-board with my electric mobility scooter  the leisure 12a from mobilityatsea. I'm in cabin e508 which is a standard cabins and everything went as well as could be as  expected with the amount of people boarding to completes our boarding . Staff were helpful to get us through  the procedure and although not expected we were rushed through at the expense really of the able bodied of which I was one 8 weeks ago. So no more impatience from me in future, it does one good to walk or not in not in other people's shoes for a while.

• Like 4