Carnival Panorama Happy Hour

CruisinLJ

the last time I cruised Carnival (4 years ago) I went on the Miracle.  The Red Frog Rum Pub had a happy hour and the bartenders would let you buy a case or two of beer at the happy hour rate to take to your room and use as you please.  My guess is that Carnival caught on to this and stopped the practice.  Does anyone know for a fact?  Besides the fact that I don't think that there is a Red Frog Rum Pub on this cruise having used the space for the Heroes bar.

Second question - how is the Heroes bar?

I haven't seen it on Panorama on any of my cruises. What seems to be the situation is that it's available on ships that have the red frog pub, not on those with the red frog rum bar. So basically the older ships. Panorama only has the red frog rum bar so no specials that I've seen, well beyond the daily drink specials. Someone reported that Miracle still has happy hour (a recent Alaska cruiser) since they still have a red frog pub (in addition to a red frog rum bar).  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, CruisinLJ said:

Second question - how is the Heroes bar?

It's squeezed into a small space and not the best arrangement IMO. The space is too small for a proper sports bar and the layout is a bit funky. As a result of this, it's usually not too busy unless a popular game is on, then you have people standing around awkwardly and/or spilling into the walkway. During playoffs, they decided to only show one of the games on the jumbo screen on lido and as a result, it was a complete cluster in there, basically standing room only and a hot mess. Plus they have a small poker table there that takes up space too.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed on Radiance in March and loved that half price happy hour.  Will miss it on Panorama next week.   But I think they still have buckets of beer right? So at least save a few dollars that way.