New testing guidelines

rvlandandsea

20 minutes ago, britishcruisers2 said:

Still very confused as our 10 night cruise,( after September 5 rule change ) Screenshot_20220818-091029.thumb.png.0346e63c7333eeedf8b23d265ea061c4.pngfrom Rome has a Greek port so self tests are not permitted but can we now take a monitored test three days in advance or is it still two?!

Any cruise to Greece is unchanged - test must be supervised and within two days prior to sailing.  As per Celebrity web site...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements/updated

6 minutes ago, abo said:

Any cruise to Greece is unchanged - test must be supervised and within two days prior to sailing.  As per Celebrity web site...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements/updated

Nope, it is currently showing  3 days( or actually only  prior to boarding for supervised test).

screenshot from uk site.

93B3AC07-7944-4980-B434-825B6373C75B.jpeg

Edited by Ellan Vannin

2 minutes ago, Ellan Vannin said:

Nope, it is currently showing  3 days( or actually only  prior to boarding for supervised test).

screenshot from uk site.

93B3AC07-7944-4980-B434-825B6373C75B.jpeg

No problem - do it in three days and see how you get on.  Just letting you know Greece haven't changed their rules as of today - up to you what you do with that information.

6 minutes ago, abo said:

No problem - do it in three days and see how you get on.  Just letting you know Greece haven't changed their rules as of today - up to you what you do with that information.

You would like to think Celebrity would  actually be giving out to its customers the most up to date and correct verified information.

3 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

I am on 10/15 and 10/22 on Solstice. I think the changes shown on UK/Canada sites will surely be coming soon, but even if they don't or change again, why don't you use the eMed or another proctored test from home before traveling to LA (and whatever exposure in route, although not so sure how soon that would show up)? So easy to do on webcam, and then you are not flying and testing positive after wasting time in LA getting a test. It used to be two days in advance but now is three. And that's GMT - so essentially you could do it late Tuesday night from the comfort of your home, pack on Wednesday, and leave Thursday clear and good to go with nothing to worry about, enjoying your Friday in LA. I'm reacting to the "[w]e are flying in to LAX on Thursday so we can take the COVID test on Friday" part. [Of course, hopefully all of this is unnecessary and clarified soon.]

Actually, I am driving cross country and arriving in LA several days before the cruise.   My husband is flying in on the Thursday beforehand.    

Neither of us is planning to bring a laptop.  I ordered government COVID tests.   I plan on bringing them along in case we decide to do online testing.  Testing at CVS is our plan.

It doesn't make sense that the British passengers on the same cruise are not required to have a Covid test done.

Edited by AnnaNicole

Just now, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

So if we are able to do the non proctored test, and show a “screenshot “ of our negative test,  how is the date (3 days ahead of boarding) shown? 

It depends where you are cruising to/from.

LA cruise port requires proctored tests.

Now I'm really confused. Sailing ex Barcelona, 15 Sept, 9 nights. No Greek ports. Fully vaccinated and boosted ie "up to date".

UK website says test required within 3 days of sailing.

US website says test required within 1 day of sailing.

App says test required within 2 days of sailing.

So what is it? 1, 2 or 3 days? Anyone managed to contact Celebrity as I'm having no luck?

If you take a photo with your iphone the image will have a date and time of photo recorded in the file.  An additional suggestion is to have a second iphone with a clock display showing which clearly shows date and time and have this open display in the same photo as the test.  Write each persons name with marker on the test and have one image for each person.  This may be overkill, but I am going this route.Downloaded App called ClockZ which has a large full screen display.

LOL, for those of us who are hoping the testing will soon be aligned with Carnivals policy - we may be waiting a long time, it may be the end of the pandemic before they get all their websites and protocols and auto-generated emails in sync! What a mess!

• Like 3

I was just on the Celebrity website and I read it as they are no longer requiring testing for 8 nights or less departing from US or Europe except for visiting Canada or Bermuda.  This starts Sept 5th.  I am not sure if I am allowed to copy and paste but here is the link:

COVID-19 Cruise Health & Safety Protocols | Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seriously_subdued said:

I was just on the Celebrity website and I read it as they are no longer requiring testing for 8 nights or less departing from US or Europe except for visiting Canada or Bermuda.  This starts Sept 5th.  I am not sure if I am allowed to copy and paste but here is the link:

COVID-19 Cruise Health & Safety Protocols | Celebrity Cruises

When I look at the Celebrity Cruises US website nothing has changed.  Obviously this update is in the works as discussed on this thread, but no official announcement yet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CK57 said:

If you take a photo with your iphone the image will have a date and time of photo recorded in the file.  An additional suggestion is to have a second iphone with a clock display showing which clearly shows date and time and have this open display in the same photo as the test.  Write each persons name with marker on the test and have one image for each person.  This may be overkill, but I am going this route.Downloaded App called ClockZ which has a large full screen display.

I think it would be easier to have a monitored test.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

How inept is Celebrity messaging if they can't update their global websites within days.   The Canadian and UK sites have had the Sept 5 changes for at least 2 days now.

The UK site has actually gone back to an older version of the updates  (10th August) now and is back to 2 days for testing whereas yesterday morning it was the update dated 18th August and 3 days for testing.

Clear, concise communications does not seem Celebrity’s strong point.

Confusing or what! I FB'd Celebrity Captains Club and received this reply regarding our 24th Beyond ex Barca:

Hi xxxxx, for sailings out of Barcelona that do not have a port of call in Greece, fully vaccinated guests will be required to do a test within 1 day prior to sailing. This does not have to be supervised and we will accept NHS Lateral Flow home tests. You can bring the test with you and we will dispose at the port or you can bring in a photo. Please read the information on this website link: https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/barcelona-spain-travel-requirements/updated

Thanks, Su

23 hours ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

So if we are able to do the non proctored test, and show a “screenshot “ of our negative test,  how is the date (3 days ahead of boarding) shown? 

Well I use my May test sample to show them for my upcoming cruise next month in Spain.

Edited by verizon