LIVE B2B from Allure of the Seas, August 20 - September 3

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Cayman Turtle was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Our Canadian family of 4 is officially headed to Allure on Saturday thanks to these beauties! We used WM Life Centres based in Calgary for our virtual testing. Cost us a total of $35 ($20 for the first person, plus an additional $5 per each extra person) for the online appointment and we had our results emailed to us within 15 minutes of taking the tests. We lucked out since we could use test kits that we had on hand that were supplied by the kids school last year when in person learning restarted. 

We fly to Fort Lauderdale dark and early tomorrow morning on Air Canada and will enjoy some time relaxing at our hotel before we board the ship. We have booked a Crown Loft Suite for the first time which puts us in Sky Class for the first time. We're all looking forward to trying out some venues that we couldn't access before.

This will be our second time on Allure and we can't wait to see what adventures are in store.

70A15349-1035-4E2D-A349-8866A3512D47.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Following. You will love the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen on Allure. We have done Sky Class a few times on Allure and were on last October. The staff has always been great. I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

First leg of our flight complete without incident. No line up at customs or security in Montreal. Now we’re waiting for the next flight leg, watching the planes land. We’ve been hearing that there might be some issues due to potential thunderstorms in the area but so far everything is still on schedule. 

99DD7E99-AFAD-4A01-BA1A-3C5A38CBE464.jpeg

You are so fortunate to be doing a CLS, we just got off the ship and was in 1746.  I know you will love the deck and the perks that come with it.  

CK and the suite lounge are nice places to enjoy dinner and relax.

Hope you have a great time and safe travels.

Waiting for your updates.

Take care

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

You are so fortunate to be doing a CLS, we just got off the ship and was in 1746.  I know you will love the deck and the perks that come with it.  

CK and the suite lounge are nice places to enjoy dinner and relax.

Hope you have a great time and safe travels.

Waiting for your updates.

Take care

Thanks! I followed your live thread last week in anticipation of this week. We can’t wait to take advantage of all the perks. We’ve heard from our concierge and we’re really excited for this trip. 

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Enjoy your time aboard this awesome ship. What is the itinerary?

The first week is an 8 night southern Caribbean and the second week is a 6 week western Caribbean. The ports are Aruba, Curaçao, Labadee, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan.

• Like 8

Leg 2 complete! No delays or storms. We are all slightly jet lagged but glad to be in the hotel enjoying the air conditioning. It's 33 degrees (Celsius) here at the moment and our east coast Canadian bodies are slightly overwhelmed 🙂

Food has been ordered and we're heading out for a little look around the hotel to see what's what (mainly to find out where the pool is)

2AA60936-7497-415E-A0E1-2A717C8AFC59.jpeg

CB0F6C36-8162-47AF-8141-DB1726C77B48.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like it’s going to be another beautiful day here in Florida! 
We enjoyed the free breakfast offered by the hotel and are now getting ready to go to the pool for the day. We love having a full day of relaxation before boarding the ship, especially after a full day of travel. 

5CDC2D31-782C-49B2-AA87-D8DABBAF6CDC.jpeg

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Cayman Turtle said:

Looks like it’s going to be another beautiful day here in Florida! 
We enjoyed the free breakfast offered by the hotel and are now getting ready to go to the pool for the day. We love having a full day of relaxation before boarding the ship, especially after a full day of travel. 

5CDC2D31-782C-49B2-AA87-D8DABBAF6CDC.jpeg

Beautiful!

Best way to start your trip, and no worries, Nice!

34 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

Have a great time!  If you have a chance, do you mind posting the August 28th entertainment schedule?   We’re on Sept 11 and would love to get a feel for timing. 

Absolutely. I’ll post it as soon as I get it. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to reading your review and updates.  

We're in a crown loft suite on Allure next month.   Can you tell me if you reserved entertainment prior to the cruise or will you do it once you're aboard?

We usually cruise Celebrity and haven't been on an Oasis class ship for 6 years  when we reserved entertainment prior to boarding.  I'm not sure how things are done now.

1 hour ago, Panzano said:

We're in a crown loft suite on Allure next month.   Can you tell me if you reserved entertainment prior to the cruise or will you do it once you're aboard?

We usually cruise Celebrity and haven't been on an Oasis class ship for 6 years  when we reserved entertainment prior to boarding.  I'm not sure how things are done now.

Since the restart entertainment has not been available for booking until boarding the ship. You can do it while in the terminal if you are able to pick up the ship's wifi signal and connect to it with the RCI app.

2 hours ago, Panzano said:

You have to wait until you are on board to book, but suite guests actually don’t need to make reservations for shows. You can just show your suite card at the door and you can go right in up to 30 minutes before the shows. The only thing you need to book is the comedy shows. 

• Thanks 1

It’s boarding day! 
We’re having breakfast at the hotel and decided it was the perfect time to complete our muster check. 
Video has been watched, horn has been listened to. All we have to do now is visit our muster station (G1 - Aquatheater) once we board to complete the drill. 

631028A8-5D8F-428F-85DD-BF44A5EF958A.png

Edited by Cayman Turtle

Good morning

Happy cruise day.

Time to get ready and call for transportation to the port.

Yup, your in a nice suite, so get the party started.

The sooner the better

Just get to the suite door and show your suite boarding pass as soon as you can and start the fun.

Take care.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning

Happy cruise day.

Time to get ready and call for transportation to the port.

Yup, your in a nice suite, so get the party started.

The sooner the better

Just get to the suite door and show your suite boarding pass as soon as you can and start the fun.

Take care.

Thanks! Do we drop our luggage with the porters or is there a different place for suite guests?