LIVE B2B from Allure of the Seas, August 20 - September 3

On 8/18/2022 at 9:18 AM, Cayman Turtle said:

Labadee,

Just came across this thread. Hope you're having a super time. Ahhh..Labadee. I'll take that over Coco Cay any time - at least for the Barefoot Beach Club and special buffet for suites guests (if they even still do that?)  

Just now, Rubyfisch said:

Quick question - when you order tea from room service, do they bring you tea bags, or is it already brewing in the carafe?

Bags are not in the carafe. Usually there are 3-4 individually wrapped bags on the tray.  And if you order for two people you’ll get a bigger pot of hot water 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Just came across this thread. Hope you're having a super time. Ahhh..Labadee. I'll take that over Coco Cay any time - at least for the Barefoot Beach Club and special buffet for suites guests (if they even still do that?)  

Yes - we had lunch at Barefoot yesterday. From what I’ve heard it doesn’t have as many options as pre- Covid. There was burgers, hot dogs, salads, jerk chicken, grilled corn on the cob, fruits and desserts. No ribs. 

Just now, shay1 said:

Thank you for the information on Johnny Rockets. Great I am just loving your report. Making so hungry reading all the menus, but still love it!

Did you enjoy the tapas at Vines? 

We were a little underwhelmed but it wasn’t bad. There was plenty of food for us. Not sure I would do it again - maybe give it a 7 out of 10. 

3 minutes ago, Cayman Turtle said:

There was burgers, hot dogs, salads, jerk chicken, grilled corn on the cob, fruits and desserts. No ribs. 

Nah....bring back the old days with the steak on that buffet....no surprise that it was burgers and hot dogs.. Wonder what the non-suite guests eat?  "Cutting corners" as the saying goes. I always enjoyed some decent snorkeling off to the left when you go out from the Barefoot Beach. 

5700 passengers? Wow....Never been on a ship with anywhere near that many people. Maybe will try it some time. Funny...we were docked at Coco Cay (on the Enchantment) next to the OASIS!  Talk about a contrast. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cayman Turtle said:

Honestly, we prefer the smaller ships but I take a big ship over no ship. 

Agreed. Biggest we've ever been on is the Adventure.  

Here are the two side by side....like  "Mutt and Jeff"  Thankfully our room on Enchantment was on the water side!  I swear that as we were backing out I was seeing the Oasis for like 5 minutes till we actually cleared her. There was just...more and more of it!  First time I ever saw a ship that big up close. 

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Agreed. Biggest we've ever been on is the Adventure.  

Here are the two side by side....like  "Mutt and Jeff"  Thankfully our room on Enchantment was on the water side!  I swear that as we were backing out I was seeing the Oasis for like 5 minutes till we actually cleared her. There was just...more and more of it!  First time I ever saw a ship that big up close. 

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

Awesome!

19 hours ago, coaster said:

Parade is back! It was not on our cruise on Allure in May either. Someone just uploaded this video a few days ago. It is listed in the app for next week also.

So happy to see the Parades again.

We did not have them during our last cruise in May either

Edited by LATTELOVE
  • Like 1