Scuba in St Lucia

hoff624

@hoff624

I've used both Scuba Steve's and Eastern Caribbean.  They're quite similar in service, and price.  Both will pick you up within walking distance of the ship (there are two docks on opposite sides of the Harbor, but they'll know which your ship is at). 

I prefer Eastern Caribbean just based on responsiveness, and my (admittedly subjective) opinion of their friendliness and quality of service.  Scuba Steve's offers a less expensive trip, but it's there in the Castries area, where the visibility is not near so good.  For their upgraded trip, or Eastern Caribbean's regular trip you get down near Soufriere, which is where the better diving is.  Probably the most famous site for St. Lucia is Superman's Flight.  It's fine, but many of the other sites there in the shadows of the pitons are at least equally good.  I usually deal with Eget, either by email or WhatsApp.  She will make sure to get everything you need all set in advance.  (https://www.easterncaribbeandivingstlucia.com/)

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

On 8/17/2022 at 11:27 PM, omeinv said:

@hoff624

I've used both Scuba Steve's and Eastern Caribbean.  They're quite similar in service, and price.  Both will pick you up within walking distance of the ship (there are two docks on opposite sides of the Harbor, but they'll know which your ship is at). 

I prefer Eastern Caribbean just based on responsiveness, and my (admittedly subjective) opinion of their friendliness and quality of service.  Scuba Steve's offers a less expensive trip, but it's there in the Castries area, where the visibility is not near so good.  For their upgraded trip, or Eastern Caribbean's regular trip you get down near Soufriere, which is where the better diving is.  Probably the most famous site for St. Lucia is Superman's Flight.  It's fine, but many of the other sites there in the shadows of the pitons are at least equally good.  I usually deal with Eget, either by email or WhatsApp.  She will make sure to get everything you need all set in advance.  (https://www.easterncaribbeandivingstlucia.com/)

Harris

Denver, CO

Hello Harris,

Do you have a recommendation for diving in Grenada? We have been there before and use Dive Grenada but they booked this time. Thanks 

Oh absolutely!!

ScubaTech Grenada.  Eveline Verdier, the owner is absolutely fantastic.  Sometimes they'll meet you in the boat, which means you take a short (10 minutes or so) walk out of the port, then through the Sendal Tunnel, then to the water's edge in town.  Other times, she'll pick you up at the port entrance by car.  Either way you'll have a fantastic day for sure, with a great team. 

Oh, and Eveline is also the Swiss Honorary Consul to Grenada, so if you're Swiss, and get yourself in any trouble, she can help you with that on your surface interval.  🙂

https://www.scubatech-grenada.com/

Harris

Denver, CO

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 12:11 AM, omeinv said:

Oh absolutely!!

ScubaTech Grenada.  Eveline Verdier, the owner is absolutely fantastic.  Sometimes they'll meet you in the boat, which means you take a short (10 minutes or so) walk out of the port, then through the Sendal Tunnel, then to the water's edge in town.  Other times, she'll pick you up at the port entrance by car.  Either way you'll have a fantastic day for sure, with a great team. 

Oh, and Eveline is also the Swiss Honorary Consul to Grenada, so if you're Swiss, and get yourself in any trouble, she can help you with that on your surface interval.  🙂

https://www.scubatech-grenada.com/

Harris

Denver, CO

Hello Harris,

Thanks for the great recommendations but after I reached out my plans have now changed.

Do you have any recommendations for diving in Nassau, Bahamas or Cozumel Mexico?

Thanks 

Ed

25 minutes ago, hoff624 said:

Hello Harris,

Thanks for the great recommendations but after I reached out my plans have now changed.

Do you have any recommendations for diving in Nassau, Bahamas or Cozumel Mexico?

Thanks 

Ed

Ed,

For Nassau I have nothing.  As far asI know the only option is Stuart's Cove, and I haven't heard enough good to make me ever book a dive there

For Cozumel I definitely do have a recommendation: Sherief Sanad, who's basically famous amoung Cozumel instructors has started Humarine.  He will be able to set you up with a great day there.  https://humarine.com/

Harris

Denver, CO

2 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Ed,

For Nassau I have nothing.  As far asI know the only option is Stuart's Cove, and I haven't heard enough good to make me ever book a dive there

For Cozumel I definitely do have a recommendation: Sherief Sanad, who's basically famous amoung Cozumel instructors has started Humarine.  He will be able to set you up with a great day there.  https://humarine.com/

Harris

Denver, CO

Harris,

Very much appreciate the feedback. I searched in Nassau and have not come with anything either. I will reach out to Sherief at Humarine.

Thanks again

Ed

I booked through the ship in Nassau. It's the only way you can dive there on a cruise.  We went to Stuarts Cove. It was a cattle boat but the diving was pretty good.  I'd do it again if I wanted to dive on a Bahamas cruise.

Edited by mac66