Booking packages pre-cruise

AnnaNicole

If I book drink packages, excursions, etc pre-cruise, are they refundable in the event we are unable to take the cruise?  I seem to remember in the past they were only refundable if you cancelled a few days before departure.   I could not find the current policy.

Yes, they are refundable.  I honestly don't know the cutoff time, but it's typically 48 hours for an excursion.  The cruise planner shuts down a few days before sailing, so you might have to call to cancel anything after that.

If you are not able to take the cruise because of covid, I would think everything would be cancelled and refunded.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

If I book drink packages, excursions, etc pre-cruise, are they refundable in the event we are unable to take the cruise?  I seem to remember in the past they were only refundable if you cancelled a few days before departure.   I could not find the current policy.

I just had a similar situation.  I had booked a "cruise only"  and paid separatly for the beverage package.  I switched to an all inclusive and got a refund for the beverage package.

• Thanks 1

Yes, refunds are pretty straight forward. On one canceled cruise that I moved over to another, I got reimbursed for the excursions. Recently, I made a mistake and paid for excursions on line using my cc. Then went back and canceled all of them and booked them using the OBC, I was reimbursed in a day or so. 

On board, it is 48hrs. I canceled one tour on board and it was moved to my OBC and it was a refundable OBC; when I canceled a tour the day prior, the Excursion Desk said they’d see if they could use mine if another person signed up….no one did and I lost that tour cost. 

Den

• Thanks 1

So...I can cancel all pre-cruise purchases (drinks, gratuities, shore ex, etc) up to the day of the cruise but I may have to call Celebrity if it is very close to departure?   I don't expect an issue but life happens so I want to be prepared. 

14 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

So...I can cancel all pre-cruise purchases (drinks, gratuities, shore ex, etc) up to the day of the cruise but I may have to call Celebrity if it is very close to departure?   I don't expect an issue but life happens so I want to be prepared. 

I suspect that is the case, at least to the extend the excursions are far enough in the future.  If you aren't expecting anything to happen, though, then I hope you don't have to find out!

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I suspect that is the case, at least to the extend the excursions are far enough in the future.  If you aren't expecting anything to happen, though, then I hope you don't have to find out!

I hope so too.   The reality is my parents are elderly and my niece has been battling stage 4 recurring melanoma for the past year.   I don't take anything as a given any more.

1 hour ago, AnnaNicole said:

I hope so too.   The reality is my parents are elderly and my niece has been battling stage 4 recurring melanoma for the past year.   I don't take anything as a given any more.

I especially hope you have no issues, and my heart goes out to you and your family. 

Honestly, I would look very seriously at trip insurance if you haven't already.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Denny01 said:

On board, it is 48hrs. I canceled one tour on board and it was moved to my OBC and it was a refundable OBC; when I canceled a tour the day prior, the Excursion Desk said they’d see if they could use mine if another person signed up….no one did and I lost that tour cost. 

Den

?

*Shore Excursions can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours prior to scheduled tour departure for a full refund. Excludes tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, Celebrity Exclusives, Multi-day Adventures and Private Journeys. These must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

?

*Shore Excursions can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours prior to scheduled tour departure for a full refund. Excludes tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, Celebrity Exclusives, Multi-day Adventures and Private Journeys. These must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties.

Oops. Thought it was 2 days. Oh well. Bad Gouge Again!!

den