Baggage Storage Post-Cruise in NYC

TheBiskit

Hi, all!

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I didn't find what I was looking for in my (admittedly quick) search.

I'm posting this under NCL, because that's the line we're sailing, but it's for anyone on any line who has the info.

We're sailing in and out of NYC next month.  On our return to NYC, we arrive in the morning.  Our flight, however, doesn't leave until that evening.

Is there any place (or places) who will do baggage storage for that few hours so we don't have to try and haul our baggage around the city while we kill time before the flight?

The port of Seattle has that great service where they will pick up your bags at the port and transfer them directly to your airline for your flight.  I don't see anything like that for NYC.

So . . . to the point:  Does anyone have recommendations for baggage storage for the day in NYC?  Preferably near the port, or some service that will pick up bags and transfer them to JFK?

Thanks for any help y'all can offer!

A few years ago I picked up an international staff member from Egypt. He wanted to wander around Manhattan, see our office in the Empire State Building, and go to a Mosque. We were able to locate a storage facility close to Grand Central. We hoofed it, but thankfully you could just Uber over. Here's a website with a bunch of different options: https://freetoursbyfoot.com/luggage-storage-grand-central-terminal/

And, 3...2...1...until this thread is magically hoisted to East Coast Departures. 

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

A few years ago I picked up an international staff member from Egypt. He wanted to wander around Manhattan, see our office in the Empire State Building, and go to a Mosque. We were able to locate a storage facility close to Grand Central. We hoofed it, but thankfully you could just Uber over. Here's a website with a bunch of different options: https://freetoursbyfoot.com/luggage-storage-grand-central-terminal/

And, 3...2...1...until this thread is magically hoisted to East Coast Departures. 

This is exactly the information I needed! Thank you!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I think they’re closed for good.

OK...that would be problematic! Their website looked "normal' when I checked it before posting.

Obviously I wasn't aware they had closed but it does say that on Yelp and we all know Yelp posters are never wrong...😉 but in this case finding nothing to suggest that Yelp is wrong.

21 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

OK...that would be problematic! Their website looked "normal' when I checked it before posting.

Obviously I wasn't aware they had closed but it does say that on Yelp and we all know Yelp posters are never wrong...😉 but in this case finding nothing to suggest that Yelp is wrong.

It does appear they're closed -- if both Google and Yelp say so.  😄   

Another link someone provided above mentions Vertoe (and a similar one, Bounce).  We've heard of Bounce, but not Vertoe.  I guess they're 3rd party apps who arrange the storage for you at various places around the city.  Anyone used anything like that?

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

That's definitely unfortunate! Google Maps shows them "permanently closed", but they're still paying for their website? Might be worth an email for the OP?  schwartzhq@gmail.com

To the OP: One thing others have done is find one of the larger hotels in the Times Square area with a restaurant and check bags with the bell man while you go get a brunch of some sort, then wander around for a few hours. An upfront tip and a thank you tip would probably help...

1 hour ago, TheBiskit said:

It does appear they're closed -- if both Google and Yelp say so.  😄   

Another link someone provided above mentions Vertoe (and a similar one, Bounce).  We've heard of Bounce, but not Vertoe.  I guess they're 3rd party apps who arrange the storage for you at various places around the city.  Anyone used anything like that?

Perhaps I'm being overly cautious but I don't feel comfortable with the idea of storing my luggage in the back room of a bodega, souvenir shop, liquor store or other random business that one of these services sends you to.  I don't believe you even know the exact name and address of the business until you book and pay for the service. 

I'd much sooner store my  bags at a hotel as @markebsuggests. 

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Perhaps I'm being overly cautious but I don't feel comfortable with the idea of storing my luggage in the back room of a bodega, souvenir shop, liquor store or other random business that one of these services sends you to.  I don't believe you even know the exact name and address of the business until you book and pay for the service. 

I'd much sooner store my  bags at a hotel as @markebsuggests. 

Strongly seconded.