Is soda included in 'all-included' drinks package?

Eight_Paws

Hi all--

I'm on an upcoming Solstice sailing with the 'always included' drinks package.  I don't drink much (pretty much never at home, but maybe one alcoholic drink per day on a cruise, if it's included).  Looking at the packages, it looks like soda is *NOT* included?  Seems strange to have all the alcohol you want, but not a Coke?  We were on the Reflection in March with the all included package, and weren't charged for sodas.  Not sure if the policies have changed?

Can anyone clarify current status regarding if sodas are included in the 'always included' package?  What has been your experience with this?

Thanks, Lisa

I think officially, the Classic package includes fountain soda, but in practice, most bars will give out cans (or at least fill a glass from one). You can usually request an unopened can if you want to take one back to your cabin and place it in your fridge.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

I think officially, the Classic package includes fountain soda, but in practice, most bars will give out cans (or at least fill a glass from one). You can usually request an unopened can if you want to take one back to your cabin and place it in your fridge.

Thanks for the tip -- I don't drink coffee, so I like to have a caffeinated soda in the morning while I'm getting ready.  Sure would be nice to have one in the mini-fridge vs having to venture out before I've gotten cleaned up for the day!

Lisa

13 minutes ago, Eight_Paws said:

Thanks for the tip -- I don't drink coffee, so I like to have a caffeinated soda in the morning while I'm getting ready.  Sure would be nice to have one in the mini-fridge vs having to venture out before I've gotten cleaned up for the day!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

You can have your room steward empty your mini-fridge then you can pick up sodas during the day and put it your mini-fridge.

We will be on your sailing.

There are more options now that they offer a no perks rate. The soda package for $9 a day pre-cruise and soda/espresso for $15/day pre-cruise are good options, although they brag about all the Coke varieties they have now, but I found in practice on Solstice that they only had Coke Zero and Sprite Zero as my no-sugar options. I didn't have perks or a package, but the drinks server at dinner always gave me a Sprite Zero without charge, maybe because I spoke some Indonesian to her and was nice. You also have the option to bring aboard drinks--if you're going to Alaska, Ketchikan and Juneau have grocery stores where you can bring aboard 2L bottles in port, and I get Coke Zero 2L bottles in all Mexico ports at OXO convenience stores. Then I just fill glasses with ice at the buffet and have drinks in my room, or fill a 20oz empty Coke bottle and carry it around the ship. I actually don't like having wifi on a cruise, since it leads to ignoring the beauty of the ship and interacting through activities, and speeds seem to have diminished significantly with so many ships back in service and at high occupancy. 

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

Hi Lisa,

You can have your room steward empty your mini-fridge then you can pick up sodas during the day and put it your mini-fridge.

We will be on your sailing.

Cheers!  Of course with an occupancy near 3000, we may never run across each other 😉

Lisa