Cancellation due to COVID

juancarlosgarciasanchez

Currently booked for a seven day cruise on the Seashore September 3 and booked on May of this year. 

My spouse is currently COVID positive ( good health ), but still positive. What are my options to cancel and postpone this cruise? 

Although in 12 days my spouse should be fine, present herself as negative but fearing spreading anything, can we postpone our cruise for free?

Thanks 

My understanding is that you can move your cruise forward without penalty under the one change program. Not sure that’s the exact name. I recommend reaching out to your TA just to be sure. Also note it is entirely possible that nobody else in your household will become positive. Perhaps you wont need to postpone?  Also, I recommend that you purchase self tests to take with you regardless of when you cruise because one could be negative one day and positive the next. Nice to have a self test on hand just in case. I bought 5 rapid tests from Amazon…pack of 5 for 24.99. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery. 

From MSC Health & Safety measures | MSC Cruises (msccruisesusa.com)

"If you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to or during your cruise, you and your traveling party will receive a full or prorated refund and assistance if required, with onboard medical care and land-based quarantine."

That said, check with your doctor but the current wisdom is that she is not likely to be shedding virus to anyone else after 5 days or so after becoming symptomatic, let alone two weeks. If you are looking forward to the cruise and she tests the week or so before embarkation, I'd go.

If you choose to cancel, it will take up to 60 days to get a refund. I'm experiencing that now.

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My understanding is that you can move your cruise forward without penalty under the one change program. 

While this is true, if she is still testing positive tomorrow, they can get a full refund (if they want).

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I bought 5 rapid tests from Amazon…pack of 5 for 24.99.

Just want to make sure you are aware you can get 24 free home test kits for free at COVID Home Tests | USPS (three orders of 8 kits).

3 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

While this is true, if she is still testing positive tomorrow, they can get a full refund (if they want).

Just want to make sure you are aware you can get 24 free home test kits for free at COVID Home Tests | USPS (three orders of 8 kits).

Wasn’t aware. Thank you for this!!

On 8/19/2022 at 9:05 PM, publicpersona said:

Msc will accept that? I didn't know that. This would save us from scrambling to find a test in naples in October! Although hopefully by then it won't be required. Our cruise is only 7 days.