Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Wow! I am shocked at how small this place is.

You go to theaters like the Majestic or the Shubert and it's what you expect - but then you go to others and are surprised at the size. Some are much smaller than my high school auditorium. And when you go off-Broadway - that's a whole other story.

Greg, I echo other in saying that you're doing more on this trip than I've done in 50+ years of visiting NYC. You've even managed to hit three of the five boroughs - that's impressive!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

You go to theaters like the Majestic or the Shubert and it's what you expect - but then you go to others and are surprised at the size. Some are much smaller than my high school auditorium. And when you go off-Broadway - that's a whole other story.

Greg, I echo other in saying that you're doing more on this trip than I've done in 50+ years of visiting NYC. You've even managed to hit three of the five boroughs - that's impressive!

This is smaller than my high school auditorium. I can’t imagine they get smaller than this!

Brooklyn is on the list. We’ll see if I get there. It’s not looking good. I’m behind schedule. But I always am. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5

Fantatsic review, just caught up again. Went away overnight yesterday and came back to 15 pages. You always cover so much ground in your pre cruise adventures and I see and learn so much. Look forward to what is to come. Enjoy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Glad you realized that now. I would be pissed, drinking and thinking I was coming back to pastrami and it turned out to be pickles! 

Well, they both start with P...after real drinking, not that big a deal.

• Haha 3

Like a lot of other comments, I was amazed by the number of stops that Greg visited yesterday, among those a Mets game AND Wicked while at the same time eating and drinking beers.  

I’d like to see what his path of travel throughout New York would look like at the end of his sightseeing, much like the old Family Circus comic strips (did that age me or what?).

22B42BA6-EBCE-4D2F-836D-C8D6E20E5D7B.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Glad you realized that now. I would be pissed, drinking and thinking I was coming back to pastrami and it turned out to be pickles! 

I thought the same thing. But….there was also spicy mustard. Not just pickles. Pickles and spicy mustard.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

We’re at intermission. This is definitely a smaller show. No fancy sets or special effects. I guess it’s old school Broadway. But it’s entertaining. Being close is interesting because you notice little interactions between the actors that you might not otherwise. The one downside is in each show I’ve been close I can see one actor who spits a lot. And I’m horrified anytime they come near me. It’s mrs. (mr.) sunshine in this one and it was the phantom in phantom of the opera. But this time there is no orchestra pit between us!

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

The side thing is fine. That chair blocks a little bit of the orchestra but you don’t miss much. It’s a good budget seat at $79….106 after taxes and broadway.com fees…Check Ticketmaster first. 

FD190184-74FF-4AA0-B96C-F79C9C9D8233.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I thought the same thing. But….there was also spicy mustard. Not just pickles. Pickles and spicy mustard.

@Saint GregYour pastrami sandwich got me thinking.  Compare that to anything from the Carnival Deli.

No food on Carnival...Mongolian Wok, Cucina, MDR etc....compares to what I can get at home.

The only thing I can't get here is a buffet!

I'm glad you enjoyed it.........spicy mustard/pickles and all

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

We’re at intermission. This is definitely a smaller show. No fancy sets or special effects. I guess it’s old school Broadway. But it’s entertaining. Being close is interesting because you notice little interactions between the actors that you might not otherwise. The one downside is in each show I’ve been close I can see one actor who spits a lot. And I’m horrified anytime they come near me. It’s mrs. (mr.) sunshine in this one and it was the phantom in phantom of the opera. But this time there is no orchestra pit between us!

"The spitting thing" is the reason why entire casts got covid.

• Like 2

Still with you Greg! Unbelievable what you have been able to accomplish during your visit so far. There is a whole contingent of bartenders from our Panorama cruise that are currently on the Legend. Ramil, Angela,  and Ted to start. Hopefully  the internet will continue to hold out. Have fun my friend! 😁

• Like 7