Suitcase Size

LadyL1

Just about to embark on purchase of new luggage. Does anyone know the max depth of a case to find under the bed?

if anyone is onboard now, who could help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

Just about to embark on purchase of new luggage. Does anyone know the max depth of a case to find under the bed?

if anyone is onboard now, who could help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Not onboard- We have four off - 81 x 58 x 34 cms that have always fit under beds.  Plus two slightly smaller - stored, 2 cabin pull along and two large bags.  Bags inside pulls and inside stored.

But if purchasing larger and they don’t fit, then one’s stateroom attendant can remove and store, returning (outside) the penultimate morning.  A gratuity is appreciated 

Additional 

Depending on the Queen, as the store box under the foot of the bed, may have to be moved out about 4 cms (bed lifted) to facilitate store of two each cases to each bed side.  Stateroom attendant will undertake.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Stored additional

Thank you both, the info is very helpful. With sizes also, for our 2 preferred airlines, hopefully we can purchase with confidence. Not a fan of having spare suitcases around accommodation.

LadyL 1

While I do not have the measurements for the under-bed storage area, I can tell you that we normally store 4 bags under the bed (pushed together configuration). Two of the bags, we call them our "checked" bags are 76.2cm X 48.3cm X 30.5cm. These bags are accepted by all major airlines for checked luggage. In addition, we also have two "carry on" bags that fit into the overhead bins on the airlines. We are able to store ALL 4 of the bags under the bed on the QM2.

Hope this helps

Jack

Our two 80 litre cases fitted under one side with plenty of room to spare.

They are 43.0 x 66.0 x 29.0 cm.

In hindsight we might have been better to have 1 x 80 litre plus 1 x 119 litre at 50.0 x 77.0 x 31.0 cm. The smaller would have fitted inside the larger for storage. And saved storage space at home.

As you'll see in the photo of the 29 cm cases, the 31 cm would have fitted under the bed easily.

IMG_20220607_173200564.jpg

• 2 weeks later...