Room Bids

mmpgoodtogo

For those of you who bid on room upgrades, how soon did you hear?  We are booked at end of September and are already mega rockstars, but had the option of upgrading the suite. We bid but haven't heard anything yet. I was just wondering what others have experienced with this process.

Hello! Are you guys sailing on the Sept 30 Scarlet Lady sailing? We are also mega rockstars in a gorgeous suite and contemplated throwing in a bid but haven't as of yet. From what I have read you don't hear anything until 48 hours before the sailing. I think that is to allow for no-shows or people testing positive at the pier that can't board. Now that testing is less prevalent the chances for a suite upgrade seem much lower. I'd like to bid on the Massive suite! 

Agree, the terms of the bidding say that you will be notified 48 hours before embarkation.  At one point they were also offering upgrades at the terminal; don't know if this is still going on.  People need to cancel all the time for all sorts of reasons...while covid has obviously been the most prevalent, other stuff happens as well.

We were once offered the Roy suite as an at terminal upgrade purchase.  I knew the cat 1s typically book 18 months ahead and have a wait list, so asked why--there had been a last minute emergency involving one family member, so they all decided to cancel the trip.

Bottom line, the cruise line can't book cabins at that point, but they can potentially get a few hundred or thousand dollars from those already booked!