Is there a way to view excursions before booking date?

oskidunker

8 hours ago, gr8-2travel said:

Viking newbie here who also had same questions until I realized that on our MVJ site, (even though we cannot yet sign up for our excursions,) I can view all the information for the options available to us.

On my MVJ, I selected “shore excursions” where there is a “banner calendar” of each individual day of our cruise. By selecting a day on the calendar, I can then see all the provided excursions for that individual day, along with cost, and the times that will be available for the specific excursion, etc. 

I don’t think that all this information was available right away though, or if it was, I didn’t notice it, but once I was able to access the info I realized that some of the excursions that were listed on the general Viking itinerary for the cruise, are not being offered during our cruise. Hope his helps. 

Same as our Panama Canal cruise in March.  All on the MVJ, prices and times also.   

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hqarangrsl said:

Has anyone taken the Overnight - Overland to the Holy land excursion out of Haifa on the Antiquities cruise?  What was the cost?  Was it a good overview? 

R

You have asked a very good question and you want an answer, so here is my advice:

Your question needs to be seen by as many people as possible -- many more than will visit this thread.  You are trying to find the very few people who have both taken that particular tour and who haunt this forum. That is a small number.  You need to stand up and wave the biggest, brightest flag you can.

In other words,  start a new thread.  Make sure that Jerusalem Overnight Excursion is in the title; those are the people you want to see you -- regardless of which itinerary they were on when they took the excursion.  Even then, it is a long shot.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 9:39 PM, SantaFe1 said:

Thank you!  We are sort of done with 8-9 hour tours of places we have been many times.   the only one I can get my husband to do is Carcassonne for my birthday, 8:hours.  I have always wanted to go there.

We were in Carcassonne in May on a Rick Steves tour; not sure it warrants 8 hours (perhaps 1-2), but we didn't go into the town itself, just the walled town, which is, unfortunately, filled with souvenir shops selling cheap trinkets. My wife and I like to go into shops, but these were a huge disappointment. 

Perhaps the town itself is interesting, but we didn't get there.

However, nearby is the Carrieres de Lumieres, which is absolutely fantastic and one of the best things we saw on our tour through the Loire valley. If you were to choose something to see in that region, I would strongly recommend this:

https://bucketlistjourney.net/see-the-carrieres-de-lumieres-quarries-of-light-in-the-south-of-france/

On 9/20/2022 at 9:51 PM, Peregrina651 said:

You have asked a very good question and you want an answer, so here is my advice:

Your question needs to be seen by as many people as possible -- many more than will visit this thread.  You are trying to find the very few people who have both taken that particular tour and who haunt this forum. That is a small number.  You need to stand up and wave the biggest, brightest flag you can.

In other words,  start a new thread.  Make sure that Jerusalem Overnight Excursion is in the title; those are the people you want to see you -- regardless of which itinerary they were on when they took the excursion.  Even then, it is a long shot.

Thanks Peregrina651.  I might do that

• Like 1