Changing Cabin Mate

Greenpea2

16 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

How close to sailing can you change the second person (in a cabin of 2) in your cabin? This is if the second person has an emergency and can't go on the cruise. Anybody know for sure? Thanks.

a friend of mine was going on a Baltic cruise with her husband and 2 weeks out he told her he couldn't go. She swapped him out for her sister with no problem. Good luck

Edited by spanishguy1970

I found...(Link

Name changes and departure date changes are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to the above cancellation fees.

...but it seems to vary by location....(Link)

Name Changes
Full name changes are allowed up to 90 days prior to sailing.
A one-off, single name change is allowed from 89 days up to 15 days prior to sailing without penalty (with one original name remaining on the booking)
All Name changes made within 14 days to sailing will incur cancellation penalties as per the cancellation schedule
Name correction (e.g. spelling mistake) can be made anytime up to 48 hours prior sailing.

(Applies to following countries and regions: China, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand)

7 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I found...(Link

Name changes and departure date changes are considered reservation cancellations and are subject to the above cancellation fees.

...but it seems to vary by location....(Link)

Name Changes
Full name changes are allowed up to 90 days prior to sailing.
A one-off, single name change is allowed from 89 days up to 15 days prior to sailing without penalty (with one original name remaining on the booking)
All Name changes made within 14 days to sailing will incur cancellation penalties as per the cancellation schedule
Name correction (e.g. spelling mistake) can be made anytime up to 48 hours prior sailing.

(Applies to following countries and regions: China, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand)

Yes, I spoke with my PCC earlier. She has been my go-to for more than 12 years and knows her stuff. She said I could switch out my sister for my husband up to a few days before the cruise, with no penalty if needed. I have decided to not worry about any possible change in the vax rules and my mind is much more at ease now.

Edited by Greenpea2

10 hours ago, SimplyAlbert said:

In 2017 we did it within 2 weeks of the cruise.  Our son-in-law changed jobs and couldn't get the time off.  We swapped him out for my sister-in -law.  DD remained in the cabin.

Thanks! It looks like I can do that too. Whew!