OBC

Travelmadoldie

26 minutes ago, Travelmadoldie said:

On another line of the Carnival Companies the military benefits,  if not spent, are refundable.

Does any one know if the same applies to P and O?

AFAIK,  the answer is no. After all, why should P&O give cash back ?

Which CCL are you referring to ?

There are 2 types of OBC one is refundable one not. We have had both on at least one cruise and they are listed on your on board statement with different characters, but I can't remember what they are, nor can I remember if it was P&O or Princess.

Never heard of refundable OBC on P&O - in fact everything I have read about OBC clearly states that if it is not used by the end of the cruise then you lose it.

There is, if I am not mistaken, the option to buy some credit, or have it bought for you, so it may be that this is refundable but as nobody has ever bought me any I cannot say.

Princess is the only line I know of that does refundable OBC for military benefit. You have to get it back in US dollars though, which was handy for us as gave us a bit extra to give to waiters and cabin steward.

Edited by Jazzytelly

2 hours ago, Travelmadoldie said:

Thank you for the replies. 

P and O have such a different attitude to the Military Benefit compared to the US lines.

Probably because the US have a different culture and attitude to the military.  I never cease to be astonished at all their special hats etc when they cruise.  Living here we have many army friends both current and retirees and they are much more private about their service.