La Casa En La Playa-Amber Cove

crewsweeper

We've never been to Amber Cove.  For our upcoming Mardi Gras cruise in January all the Ocean side, poolside and hillside cabanas are sold out. We're looking at the La Casa En La Playa resort excursion.  We curious as to reviews.  Has any one done this excursion from any ship?   TIA.

I did the La Casa En La Playa excursion in 2018 while on the Magic and had a great time.  We took an air conditioned bus to the beach house, learning a bit of history about the area as we traveled. The food on the buffet was good and plentiful.  I don’t drink alcohol, but I think they had an open bar with a variety of choices.  The guys at the beach house were very helpful with the kayaks, snorkel equipment and wind boards.  There were plenty of loungers and they had one or two hammocks set up as well.  There was a changing area and bathrooms inside the beach house.  I thought it was very much worth the money.

Edited by DanvilleCruiser

11 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

We've never been to Amber Cove.  For our upcoming Mardi Gras cruise in January all the Ocean side, poolside and hillside cabanas are sold out. We're looking at the La Casa En La Playa resort excursion.  We curious as to reviews.  Has any one done this excursion from any ship?   TIA.

Is that a Carnival excursion?  Sounds great!

I just looked at that for a cruise next April.  There are 296 reviews on the Carnival site, some good and some bad.  You might read through some of those to get some thoughts.

Honestly, Amber Cove is one of our least favorite ports.  We've been several times, but really haven't found anything we liked.  We did another inclusive beach day back in April.  It was okay, but certainly not the best day or worth the price.  We decided for our next cruise we are just going to stay on the ship there.

• Like 1

Okay so your mileage may vary here.  I did this last August while on the Horizon.  Myself (solo cruiser) and a couple that I made friends with during the cruise were at the resort.  The facilities were okay at best.  Loungers were old and several torn and dirty (maybe they upgraded them once they started getting visitors again). The reef out in front of the resort was dead, snorkeling was not great.  Limited options for the inclusive drinks.  Food was solid for sure, that was the only thing I can positive about it along with Mama's great personality.