Changing C&A status during the cruise

Hi everyone,

Im sure this has been covered thousands of times on here but I can’t find it.

I am sitting with 29 cruise points right now and will hit the magic 30 point status (Platinum) on day 1 of our cruise.

Do I get to use the platinum rewards on the cruise or do I have to wait until next cruise to do so?

1 minute ago, Caromark5 said:

Hi everyone,

I am sitting with 29 cruise points right now and will hit the magic 30 point status (Platinum) on day 1 of our cruise.

Do I get to use the platinum rewards on the cruise or do I have to wait until next cruise to do so?

You have to wait.

1 minute ago, Caromark5 said:

Hi everyone,

Points are awarded after the cruise has been completed. So you will be Platinum on your next cruise. 

Very few people hit a new level exactly at the end of a cruise.  If it is that important you can always take a short cruise before the next one you have scheduled (any excuse to cruise!).  We worried about this for Elite on Princess and Diamond on Royal because next cruise was to be a long cruise where benefits would help (like laundry).  Otherwise it really isn't a big deal.

From past posts on the subject, I would suggest you go and see the loyalty desk and ask. They *might* be able to get you updated seapass cards to get you access to "next level" items. However, they won't be able to get you the updated coupons since those are loaded at the beginning of the cruise.