Canadian ABM(ATM) money denominations

I googled and only partially found my info needed.

Do ABM(ATM) machines routinely give out money in C$20 denominations or can I choose to get C$10 denominations?   I'm trying to get some for tips in Canada so the recipients don't have to exchange for USD.  I know most any service people will accept USD; I'm trying to keep it simple for them if possible.

I'm not having much luck getting C$ from my bank in time to take with me.  I'll check the airport map to find out where the machines are at YVR.

Any information on getting smaller bills is appreciated!

4 hours ago, oakridger said:

Do ABM(ATM) machines routinely give out money in C$20 denominations or can I choose to get C$10 denominations?   I'm trying to get some for tips in Canada so the recipients don't have to exchange for USD.  I know most any service people will accept USD; I'm trying to keep it simple for them if possible.

I'm not having much luck getting C$ from my bank in time to take with me.  I'll check the airport map to find out where the machines are at YVR.

And cruising cockroach indicated you want to look for a new machines that provides a choice.  

Older machines are $20 only.   The $2 and $1 bills have been out of circulations for many years, these days those are almost always coins.

Thanks @pete1681.  I use credit cards for almost everything but thought I'd like a few smaller Canadian bills to tip bell staff, hotel housekeeping or anyone where I'm not buying anything.  I figure they would take USD but then they have to exchange it somewhere to CAD$$.

Not a huge deal but it was an idea.  🤷‍♀️

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 9:23 PM, oakridger said:

Bank ATMs in Halifax typically give you a choice of denominations, however modt ATMs in pubs and stores do not

• Thanks 1