Ocean Blue - sdp?

mygreyhound66

Greetings, we are on the Getaway, Sept 3 departure.  I do have 4 specialty dinners, 2 FAS, and 2 with Latitudes.  I usually book Le Bistro for 2 nights, but this time I cant seem to get it, so I thought we would try Ocean Blue.  I do see that they have a couple of upcharge items, but my question really is, is Ocean Blue good?  and are the included with package choices good?  I appreciate any and all feedback, many thanks.....

13 minutes ago, complawyer said:

better check 1st.  we were on the bliss last week and were told (in no uncertain terms) that ocean blue was not included in the dining package

Are you thinking about latitudes? I've never eaten in Ocean Blue, but I thought it was included in the SDP, but I know there has been discussion lately regarding using the latitudes voucher in other places.

Edit - The Ocean Blue menu even has uncharge items for the dining package, so it must be included (unless something has changed recently).

Edited by KeithJenner

1 hour ago, mygreyhound66 said:

Greetings, we are on the Getaway, Sept 3 departure.  I do have 4 specialty dinners, 2 FAS, and 2 with Latitudes.  I usually book Le Bistro for 2 nights, but this time I cant seem to get it, so I thought we would try Ocean Blue.  I do see that they have a couple of upcharge items, but my question really is, is Ocean Blue good?  and are the included with package choices good?  I appreciate any and all feedback, many thanks.....

When you say that you haven't been able to get Le Bistro, is it showing as sold out, or can you just not book it?

I ask because there is an issue at the moment where no restaurant can be booked online more than once. If you are struggling to get your second reservation there, but it is showing as available then you can book it by calling (or using the online chat I believe).

You could also wait until boarding, as long as you will be boarding relatively early.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

When you say that you haven't been able to get Le Bistro, is it showing as sold out, or can you just not book it?

I ask because there is an issue at the moment where no restaurant can be booked online more than once. If you are struggling to get your second reservation there, but it is showing as available then you can book it by calling (or using the online chat I believe).

You could also wait until boarding, as long as you will be boarding relatively early.

Greetings and many thanks for the updates!  I honestly would prefer Le Bistro and yes, it would be my 2nd booking at that restaurant.  I wasn't aware that I couldn't book twice, so I will take your advice and use the chat feature!  Many thanks.....

2 hours ago, mygreyhound66 said:

We've eaten at Ocean Blue on several ships and we just don't think it is as good as advertised. (Except for the bread which is addictive.). In our opinion Le Bistro is much better, and on the Getaway three weeks ago La Cucina was also outstanding.  Cagney's was pretty good, but not as good as the other two.

Enjoy your cruise whichever restaurants you choose.  

Thank you so very much for the update!  I am still waiting for the chat person online!  I was number 30, so it is now down to #5 and I am going to add in LeBistro for a second night!  I do have La Cucina and Cagneys booked, so clearly our tastebuds are in sync!  

2 minutes ago, mygreyhound66 said:

Thank you so very much for the update!  I am still waiting for the chat person online!  I was number 30, so it is now down to #5 and I am going to add in LeBistro for a second night!  I do have La Cucina and Cagneys booked, so clearly our tastebuds are in sync!  

See you on the 3rd! We're a Golden Retriever and hound mix family here. 

I do see plenty of availability to book Le Bistro so I bet you'll have it as soon as the agent gets with you!

We just came off the Getaway, we had the 1 dinner spd and 2 (Cagneys/LeBisto and Cucinna/Moderno) Latitudes meals.

We used our SPD for Ocean Blue.  We loved it.  I had the scallops and the salmon.  My husband had the shrimp (they were huge) and a steak.  My daughter had a soup and the salmon.   We could all have a side as well:  I had the asparagus with hollandaise, my husband the steamed broccoli and my daughter skipped the side.  We had desserts as well...but they didn't wow as much as the apps and entrees did.

My scallop appetizer was one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life, and my salmon was excellent and a huge portion.

I would definitely say it is worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2 Fun Guys said:

Are the non-seafood options (steak & brick chicken) any good?

Don't know about the chicken but the fillet I had in Ocean Blue on the Encore was fantastic! It was on par with the one at le Bistro IMHO.

The wife was not overly impressed with the seafood dishes she had but...your mileage may vary 😉 

• Like 1