Hotel Fort Lauderdale/Miami

kapcruiser

Looking around the board would be very beneficial.  Many, many discussions. 

First, assuming that you are arriving later in the day into Ft Lauderdale. Shuttle services to Miami tend to get more expensive and less frequent. So you probably want to stay in Ft Lauderdale.  There are a couple hotels that offer airport shuttle service, but it is commonly recommended not to worry about shuttles...taxis are cheap and plentiful. 

The next day, you can shuttle to the port of Miami. No Ft Lauderdale hotel is going to offer a free shuttle...its a 45 minute drive and deadheading back. There are many shuttle services recommended here...SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff, a few others. They generally run about $15pp.

There are a few hotels in the vicinity of Bayside Marketplace in Miami, which has tons shopping and restaurants , and you can actually see the POM from there.  I have stayed at the YVE right across the street and they offer a shuttle from the hotel to the port for around $7 pp, and I believe SAS transportation will drop you off at the hotel., and they usually cost $15pp from FLL to that hotel., or look on SAS transportation to see what hotels they pick up from in the FLL to bring you to POM. 

If you are flying into FLL for a cruise out of Miami you will find many more "inexpensive" (compared to downtown Miami) hotel options near FLL.  Use the link I provided above to start your search and then use a shared shuttle, like SAS or Go Airport, to get from your hotel or FLL to POM for about $15 per person.  Same fare will get you back to FLL after your cruise, and SAS has a list of hotels that they pick up at posted on their web site - saving you a trip back to FLL just to catch the shuttle to POM.  Uber or Lyft from FLL area hotels to POM should run about $50+ for the car - a good deal for 3-4 travelling together (as long as no one in the group packs like my wife!).  If you need UberXL the fare will be about $75+, making the shuttle probably a better deal.