Princess transfer from Vancover to Seattle

cruisetilidrop

My husband and I used the transfers last month.  It wasn't too bad going from SEA to Canada Place.  It's a little confusing as to where one meets the shuttle, but we got that worked out. The buses are nice and air-conditioned. I think it took around four hours to get to Canada Place. 

The ride back to SEA was nothing short of a nightmare for most passengers. We were on the Royal Princess and due to its size, and the tides, we couldn't dock until 9:00 am. We were one of the first groups off the ship, around 10:30 am, so that was good.  Unfortunately, one couple on our bus didn't realize they were on the wrong bus until we were pulling out of the parking garage, around 11:00 am. Everyone had to wait for them to get off the bus, and then try and find their luggage in the baggage compartments.  I think we finally left the parking garage around 11:30 am.

We made fairly good time, despite having to debark the bus and go through customs at the United States border.  Any items you bring on the bus with you must be taken off the bus and inspected. Those items under the bus were inspected by the drug sniffing dogs. 

Unfortunately, this was not the last of our delays. Interstate 5 is having major construction work done, even on Saturday.  At one point, the bus went about one mile in an hour. By the time we got to the airport, it was 5:30 pm.  As one can imagine, numerous passengers had missed their flights and were scrambling to book new ones. 

Luckily, we didn't have to fly. We did have an eight-hour drive back to our home in Oregon. It made for a very long day.

I guess if one doesn't have any other options, the shuttle is doable. I wouldn't book any flight that leaves before 7:00 pm though.

• Thanks 2

On 8/23/2022 at 7:37 PM, cruisetilidrop said:

Can someone that has used the Princess shuttle from Vancouver to Seattle describe the experience?  Where do the drop you off? I plan to spend a few days in Seattle.  What would be the best way to get from drop off point to downtown hotel?

Thank you

I thought the bus drops everyone off at the airport?? That’s  where the group of us were dropped off after a cruise on a princess transfer. The only hiccup we had was  some of our luggage( 4 of us traveling) was not on underneath our bus and we had to wait for every bus to come in ( at SEA)so we could get our luggage and go check  our baggage for our flight. And you have no control over if your luggage is underneath your bus because you don’t see your luggage from the time that you put it out ( outside cabin)the night before, if I’m remembering correctly .

And our bus was “sealed “ so that we did not have to get off the bus at the  USA (Blaine?)border for customs. 

OP also asked best way to get from drop off point to downtown Hotel. I would check your hotel see if they offer airport to hotel transportation or Lyft or Uber always works out 

Edited by arizonaperson

On our cruise, the luggage was collected the night before. We had to claim it inside the terminal at Canada Place, then go through Canadian customs, and then take it over to the bus. I did watch the porters load it onto our bus. The baggage compartment was sealed, but the US Border inspectors open the luggage compartment anyway. 

• Thanks 1