Couple of questions re Canary Island cruise and Azura

Hi 

I was looking at Azura cruises from Tenerife in January

Is there any way to book cruise only and book our own flights if we want to stay longer in Tenerife?

Also what is Azura doing from 21st January. Seems to be about 12 nights missing from when you can cruise on her at the end of January?

16 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Hi 

Is there any way to book cruise only and book our own flights if we want to stay longer in Tenerife?

Also what is Azura doing from 21st January. Seems to be about 12 nights missing from when you can cruise on her at the end of January?

No there is nothing missing, I see cruises through end January to February. Don’t forget some are 7 days and some 14 days and they overlap. 

• Like 1

During the booking process you can choose to opt out of the included flights within the flights section.  It states a reduction will be shown on the cruise summary.  No idea how much they are reduced by though.

Also, it may be worth a call to P&O or your favourite TA, can you delay the included flights?

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

No there is nothing missing, I see cruises through end January to February. Don’t forget some are 7 days and some 14 days and they overlap. 

Will look again

Cruise I was looking at ends on 21st Jan

And was thinking about staying on for another week but there aren't any cruises due to start on the 21st January that I can see?

Found one now.

Just wasn't showing on cruise critic find a cruise

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

Whenever I have looked at a fly/cruise,  and opted out  of the flights, the fare has remained the same,  despite the web page saying a reduction will be made.

So, it is possible to just do the cruise, but the price will not reduce.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Whenever I have looked at a fly/cruise,  and opted out  of the flights, the fare has remained the same,  despite the web page saying a reduction will be made.

So, it is possible to just do the cruise, but the price will not reduce.

Thanks wowz

Flights to Tenerife not expensive in January so can't be much refund available to be fair

Would cost us about 70 each to fly out a week earlier and not use the flight out that's included. And just use the flight back that's included

Looking at going for a week before we cruise now and having a bit of a walking holiday before 2 weeks on the cruise

Just got to convince the wife it all makes sense

12 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Thanks wowz

Flights to Tenerife not expensive in January so can't be much refund available to be fair

Would cost us about 70 each to fly out a week earlier and not use the flight out that's included. And just use the flight back that's included

Looking at going for a week before we cruise now and having a bit of a walking holiday before 2 weeks on the cruise

Just got to convince the wife it all makes sense

I'm not sure that you can do that. You will lose both flights if you opt out of the fly option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Hi 

I have seen posts on social media from people who have gone out earlier in (including one made on the last day or so) and they have said P&O will change your flight for an earlier date without charge.  So I presume that would be OK at the end of a cruise as well.  Apparently all you loose is the transfer costs as you have to pay those yourself.  Certainly worth asking P&O about that, though may be limitations on which days you could fly out.

Edited by tring

27 minutes ago, tring said:

I have seen posts on social media from people who have gone out earlier in (including one made on the last day or so) and they have said P&O will change your flight for an earlier date without charge.  So I presume that would be OK at the end of a cruise as well.  Apparently all you loose is the transfer costs as you have to pay those yourself.  Certainly worth asking P&O about that, though may be limitations on which days you could fly out.

I think this could work if you went exactly one week earlier when P&O would be flying anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I think this could work if you went exactly one week earlier when P&O would be flying anyway. 

But wouldn't that mean that P&O would then have one less passenger on the cruise for that week ?

But I agree, it is worth asking the question - the answer will be interesting. 

Just now, wowzz said:

But wouldn't that mean that P&O would then have one less passenger on the cruise for that week ?

But I agree, it is worth asking the question - the answer will be interesting. 

The cruises are sold as 1 week or 2 week so I would think the total on the plane would fluctuate accordingly. 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm not sure that you can do that. You will lose both flights if you opt out of the fly option.

No I'm thInking about NOT opting out so I have both flights available 

But then paying extra for an earlier flight out. Which currently is about 70 pounds each

And just not using the other flight out. It could remain a back up if my extra flight gets cancelled I guess

But before I do that will ask the question about bringing flight forwards a week

13 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

No I'm thInking about NOT opting out so I have both flights available 

But then paying extra for an earlier flight out. Which currently is about 70 pounds each

And just not using the other flight out. It could remain a back up if my extra flight gets cancelled I guess

But before I do that will ask the question about bringing flight forwards a week

I suspect that if you miss the outward flight your return flight might also be cancelled. You need to check this with P&O and get their written approval, and even then it might be safer to use the outbound flight and ditch the return flight, and organise your own return flight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I agree that would seem likely, from a logical point of view, but I have seen a few posts recently, saying they have had free flight changes to an earlier date, as long as they pay their own transfers and that P&O do that generally.  Those comments have been on a site which focuses on Azura sailings, as we are due on Azura late Sept/Oct I have been keeping an eye on that site.  The latest post, made within the last day or so, was from someone who has been put on an Air Malta flight from a London airport, I think Gatwick, so not a P&O charter.  P&O are putting people on flights that are not their charter flights, so must be purchasing X number of seats on some other flights as well for the Azura cruises.

Edited by tring

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I suspect that if you miss the outward flight your return flight might also be cancelled. You need to check this with P&O and get their written approval, and even then it might be safer to use the outbound flight and ditch the return flight, and organise your own return flight.

Exactly - miss the outbound flight, P&O will assume you are a no show, and you may not even get on the ship !

You need written confirmation from P&O that your plans are acceptable. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 11:23 AM, Interestedcruisefan said:

Hi 

I have just read a comment from someone else who has changed a flight out to Malta (for next April).  They are now flying out the day before the ship sails and no charge by P&O for changing the flight day.  All they need to pay for is their transfers and they are also looking for a cheap hotel to book for the day.

So as I had said earlier, it looks like you will be able to get your flight changed by P&O, snag is you need to ring them though.  I recommend ringing as the open in the morning since I have found it easier to get through then.