Guaranteed Cabin Policy

tbmrt

I cruised with RC a few times, last being in 2021.  I seem to remember reading that RC will USUALLY accommodate you to change your cabin if you are assigned an awful guarantee balcony cabin.  Is this correct?  (I understand that if I book a guarantee it may not be able to be changed so I'd have to take whatever I'm assigned)

Yes, in the US you can request to change to any available cabin in your EXACT category.

Some have posted they may not let you but I've never had a problem. You also don't need a reason to request a switch. I got a GTY on deck 6 last month and had my TA move us to deck 10 just b/c we prefer higher decks. There was nothing wrong with our deck 6 cabin, we would have been fine with it.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, in the US you can request to change to any available cabin in your EXACT category.

Some have posted they may not let you but I've never had a problem. You also don't need a reason to request a switch. I got a GTY on deck 6 last month and had my TA move us to deck 10 just b/c we prefer higher decks. There was nothing wrong with our deck 6 cabin, we would have been fine with it.

Same, Switched couple times in past with no issues. As you said has to be same exact Cat

In the past if a cabin in the exact same category was available I have switched without difficulty under US booking rules.

I did encounter a problem this week for the first time.  Two people booked in balcony gty XB were assigned category 3D, a cabin that can hold 3.  Per mock bookings, many  category 3D cabins were available for booking by parties of 3, but they were not available to parties of 2.  Our assigned cabin is located next to a blank space on deck plan (?noise issue?), so I called three times to try to swap.  First CSR sounded new.  Second one sounded unsure then cut me off.  Third one said no 3D available until I pointed out the three person capacity.  He then searched and acknowledged 3Ds were available but said the system still would not allow him to make the change.  As DH and I are not very noise sensitive, we decided not to waste more time and kept the assignment.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

He then searched and acknowledged 3Ds were available but said the system still would not allow him to make the change.  As DH and I are not very noise sensitive, we decided not to waste more time and kept the assignment.

That has been my experience as well and I have not been able to get those changed as the system will not allow it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That has been my experience as well and I have not been able to get those changed as the system will not allow it. 

Thanks for that feedback.  If the same situation ever happens again, I won’t even waste everyone’s time by calling.

That adds a new caveat to the summary: in the North American market, gty assignment changes are routinely allowed if a new cabin in the exact same category is available for booking for your size party.

• Like 1