Wine tasting on Oasis of the Seas question

Last October we were on Oasis and we enjoyed stopping by the Vintages bar located off Central Park and having a glass of wine and a Tapas. Sort of a pre-dinner appetizer.  One day when we tried to do this the bar was closed because they were setting up for a wine tasting event. The tables were beautifully set in preparation for this. When we asked about joining in (paying of course) the person indicated that the event sells out quickly so we would not be able to join in. We are going back on Oasis again in October and would like to do this event if it is offered. DW has been checking out the cruise planner and has looked at some sample Cruise Compass but can't find any info about this. Questions - does this event happen on every Oasis cruise? Does it ever show up in your cruise planner, the app or is it a book the first day directly at the bar kind of thing? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

We did it on our Oasis cruise in February 2022.  We liked it.  We asked in Vintages about the wine tasting as we had not seen it advertised anywhere.   Chris and Mila (bartenders in Vintages) told us they do not publish anything about it as they get overwhelmed by people trying to sign up. 
I advise you to stop by early on the cruise and ask.  It sells out.  Though the day of our tasting several people who had reservations didn’t show up.  Which was good, as we got extra wine and snacks. 😉 

Also….  They do several versions.  One of just sparkling wine, one of Italian varieties and another that covers a mixture of varieties.  Note that this could change from one sailing to another. 

We did the Italian wine tasting.  It was $30 pp if I recall. 

Edited by paross4
Typo

Thanks Paross4. That is what I was looking for.  I suspected it was not widely advertised as we were in there daily and missed hearing about it.  We will definitely make a point of dropping by on the first day and reserve. I assume the price doesn't cover the wine cost?

• 9 months later...