Flora land package question

Analog187

Celebrity's website either doesn't provide this information or I completely missed it but I'm looking to book the Flora for either November or January.  How does the land package work? Does it cost extra or is it included as part of the price on the website?  If it's extra, does anyone know what the average cost is?   Thanks in advance.  

On the Celebrity web site, choose  dates between November and January, sailing from Baltra, and use the filters for ship (Flora), and cruise and land vacation.  There are 10, 11 and 16 day cruise and land packages.

4189CDDD-0DAB-4CB1-A4CE-1704841983F2.png

Edited by Suzanne123

• 1 month later...

There are numerous small yachts carrying 16 passengers, which, I believe, is the limit that a single naturalist can bring in to the Galapagos on a single naturalist license. There are yachts that pick up on Baltra and others San Cristobal. You can book spots through brokers or direct through yacht operators. Many yachts reserve spots on flights from Quito and elsewhere in Ecuador and help passengers book because they also resupply their vessels via flight cargo on these flights. Celebrity carries higher passenger counts, higher costs, and to my understanding less personalized service.

You can certainly fly out of Baltra or San Cristobal back to Ecuador and on to Peru. If you are active and skilled enough to get yourself to a ship that sails in the Galapagos, you should be able to coordinate a more tailored Yacht experience + a trip to Machu Picchu. Good luck and hope this helps!

12 hours ago, Kimboriffic said:

It is not cheap….but after researching on this site and talking to more than one travel agent, it is almost impossible to orchestrate on your own. If you miss the ship you are pretty much out of luck.

Yes, there is no way to meet the ship if you miss it. But I believe all of the Celebrity cruises include a ticket to a chartered flight in. So that's what you have to make. Not difficult if you come in a day ahead. There's only a handful of flights from the mainland to the Galapagos, we used a small yacht for our tour and they booked our flights. But either way, they told you which flight to book and arrive on. Then they transport you straight from the airport to the ship. Not sure that missing your ship is much of a thing there. Now, miss your flight and you are SOL. 

Edited by sanger727

I’m pretty sure Celebrity does not include your flight to and from Baltra, if you don’t buy the land package. That was my concern.I really don’t even want to go to Quito. I always get altitude sickness above 7000 feet. There is another city (starts with a G). I would have flown into  if I did in on my own. My particular package which they are still offering also includes flights from the states to get to Quito. I’m annoyed however, they are only offering certain flights and I don’t like the itinerary. I may take the credit and book my own.

• 4 months later...

My (limited) research has shown that the city of Quayaquil is not nearly as nice or safe as Quito, hence why they have folks fly into Quito. In talking with folks who have been to both cities, they advised us to skip Quayaquil as it was definitely more 'rough around the edges' with not much to see/do.