Transfer from Venice to Ravenna

We are sailing on Sept. 18th out of Ravenna and spending a few days in Venice prior.  We purchased the transfer through RCI.  I was told to go to the airport and meet the rep there on the 18th.  I just got our itinerary and saw that there is a time listed for 11a.  I didn't realize I had a set time so when I checked us in I booked a 1p check in time thinking I could take a 9a transfer.  Has anyone used the transfer from Marco Polo airport to the port yet?  I'm wondering if I am stuck with that 11a transfer or if we would be able to get on an earlier bus, there are 6 of us.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know what time they start running buses from the airport, but you can try getting there earlier, maybe 9 or 10-ish.  They'll just put you on the next bus.  They don't check for what time you signed up for.

Don't worry about what time you selected for check-in at the ship, either.  There are no signs or lines for different check-in times.  They don't check for that at all.  You just get in line and hand off your suitcases then check in.

Note that even though the RC rep at the airport will tell you that you won't need to mess with your suitcase at Ravenna check-in, and that you will next see it outside your room on the ship, that is incorrect.  You will have to take it from where it's unloaded off the bus to the check-in line.  It's not far, but just be aware.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

We used it last week. Flew into marco polo landed about 12ish i think. Collected luggage and there was a RCL rep waiting in arrivals who check transfer details. Once they had enough passengers we followed them outside to the coach park (5min walk). Coach to Revenna took approx 2hrs 20 mins with a 15 min rest stop..at the stop was toilets and a couple of shops for goods and food.  

The reps are in the arrival area which you can access as its 1 entrance for arrivals and departure. There was room on our bus for extra passengers. So i would like to think you will be ok getting their earier. Although you may have to wait for flights to land to fill coaches.

• Like 1

Thank you so much!  I tried calling RCI to change the boarding time for the transfer and they told me they were not able to do that, which made no sense to me since they were the ones to set it up for me.  He said I could try going earlier and see what happens.  It's nice to hear from people that have already done it.😊

30 minutes ago, cabohdan said:

Thank you so much!  I tried calling RCI to change the boarding time for the transfer and they told me they were not able to do that, which made no sense to me since they were the ones to set it up for me.  He said I could try going earlier and see what happens.  It's nice to hear from people that have already done it.😊

Just out of curiosity,how much is the transfer?

Good information here.

My travel agent booked this transfer for us. We received nothing that has anything regarding the transfer other than the $90 line item charge on our invoice.  What did you receive from RC ?

We will be in venice for two days prior to sailing. The morning of sailing we plan to take a bus or taxi from Mestre. Where is the best place at the airport to get off bus or taxi? Do we need to go inside the terminal? 

17 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Good information here.

My travel agent booked this transfer for us. We received nothing that has anything regarding the transfer other than the $90 line item charge on our invoice.  What did you receive from RC ?

We will be in venice for two days prior to sailing. The morning of sailing we plan to take a bus or taxi from Mestre. Where is the best place at the airport to get off bus or taxi? Do we need to go inside the terminal? 

Ours was through our TA (from whom we received documentation), so not sure what RC provides.

The airport really isn't that big.  You'll be able to easily walk to the meeting place from wherever you are dropped off.

Yes, you will have to go inside.  You'll go toward the left (as seen when facing the building from the roads outside).  Just look for people holding RC signs.

10 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Ours was through our TA (from whom we received documentation), so not sure what RC provides.

The airport really isn't that big.  You'll be able to easily walk to the meeting place from wherever you are dropped off.

Yes, you will have to go inside.  You'll go toward the left (as seen when facing the building from the roads outside).  Just look for people holding RC signs.

We were told to meet outside the terminal at door #3 so that's what I was planning on doing.  It's all so confusing.

10 hours ago, artvlay said:

Good information here.

We got an email with all our boarding itinerary and I saw it on the last page with our luggage tags.