Verifly app

xeena

Verifly was used for uploading documents such as vax and testing status, and certifying it for the airlines.  As requirements have eased in many places, its usefulness has gone out the window.

As always, follow the requirements of the country you are flying to, and the requirements of the operating carrier.

Edited by FlyerTalker

Being so close to your cruise, Viking would have already sent you an email with step by step instructions for Verifly.  We received this for 2 prior cruises where it was required.  We were required to upload copies of our vaccination card as it was Viking's way to assure we were fully vaccinated.  I actually don't know why Viking dropped Verifly.  How will they know if a person is vaccinated short of looking at our cards when we board?  What happens if we forget the card at home or loose it?

28 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

What happens if we forget the card at home or loose it?

What happens if you forget your passport, or lose it?

Same need to safeguard that document.

29 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

I actually don't know why Viking dropped Verifly.

It probably has far less relevance today than when there were draconian documentation requirements.  Plus, it undoubtedly cost Viking a transaction cost for every passenger

35 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

What happens if you forget your passport, or lose it?

Same need to safeguard that document.

It probably has far less relevance today than when there were draconian documentation requirements.  Plus, it undoubtedly cost Viking a transaction cost for every passenger

You are probably right about the transaction fee.  LOL we do safeguard our documents but i bet the guy who complained about getting his wallet pickpocketed from his BACK pants pocket in Paris doesn't.  Hello?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 8:44 AM, TayanaLorna said:

Being so close to your cruise, Viking would have already sent you an email with step by step instructions for Verifly.  We received this for 2 prior cruises where it was required.  We were required to upload copies of our vaccination card as it was Viking's way to assure we were fully vaccinated.  I actually don't know why Viking dropped Verifly.  How will they know if a person is vaccinated short of looking at our cards when we board?  What happens if we forget the card at home or loose it?

I went to a local UPS Store and had 3 copies of my wife's and my Covid cards made and laminated. It costs only a few dollars and came in handy for us when we were in Italy in March; they were still asking for Covid cards then.

We were just in Mexico, didn't need any Covid cards; we were in France in May, and other than showing it to the Rick Steves guide at the beginning of the tour, we never used it--no one in France ever asked for it, including in the airport.

Verifly is no big deal; I don't remember it taking me more than 10 minutes to do what was necessary. However, as always, just follow the guidelines Viking provides for pre-cruise, and you'll be fine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, longterm said:

I went to a local UPS Store and had 3 copies of my wife's and my Covid cards made and laminated. It costs only a few dollars and came in handy for us when we were in Italy in March; they were still asking for Covid cards then.

So...if you have to get booster shots and have them documented, how will you do that with a laminated card?

Better to just have it in a transparent badge holder that's the size of the card.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

So...if you have to get booster shots and have them documented, how will you do that with a laminated card?

Better to just have it in a transparent badge holder that's the size of the card.

We've had both boosters; we simply laminated those together with the original. One of my boosters was noted on my original card, the 2nd was on a new card. I just put them back to back in the lamination.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the email from Viking saying I need to use Verifly for our cruise next month. I had thought this was no longer being used.

There are several posts from people who did not use it and had no issues boarding. I think we will just bring our vax cards with us. 

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

I just received the email from Viking saying I need to use Verifly for our cruise next month. I had thought this was no longer being used.

There are several posts from people who did not use it and had no issues boarding. I think we will just bring our vax cards with us. 

It's easy to use; while I would expect you'll never need it these days, it would be a huge pain to have to sit in the terminal while it gets sorted out. We'll definitely have it ready when we go on our March cruise, if Viking says we'll need it... it's like carrying an umbrella--a pain to carry with you, but great when it rains. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rmalbers said:

You still need verifly if your cruise hits canada.   

You may possibly have confused Verifly with the Canadian app called ArriveCan - which is a requirement for people entering Canada or embarking on a ship that starts or makes port in Canada.

Verifly, to my understanding, is a private app that is used by numerous travel providers - ships, planes, etc. - not a Canadian requirement.

PS - the latest speculation is that ArriveCan may become optional vs required at the end of the month. Worth checking the Canadian Gov't sites frequently.  🍺🥌

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise 

• Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 9:37 PM, CurlerRob said:

You may possibly have confused Verifly with the Canadian app called ArriveCan - which is a requirement for people entering Canada or embarking on a ship that starts or makes port in Canada.

Verifly, to my understanding, is a private app that is used by numerous travel providers - ships, planes, etc. - not a Canadian requirement.

PS - the latest speculation is that ArriveCan may become optional vs required at the end of the month. Worth checking the Canadian Gov't sites frequently.  🍺🥌

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions

Per the latest updates from Viking (Sept 23rd), you need to do both. 

Edited by WNcruiser

On 9/2/2022 at 8:48 PM, longterm said:

We've had both boosters; we simply laminated those together with the original. One of my boosters was noted on my original card, the 2nd was on a new card. I just put them back to back in the lamination.

We just got the 3rd booster; we have all our original cards (not laminated) and took them to the UPS Store, made 3 copies of each, had the copies laminated. The originals aren't laminated so the booster information was added to them.

Our next cruise is in March, down to the Panama Canal; we'll probably only need our Covid cards to get onboard the ship, but I'll probably take care of Verifly just to be prepared for anything.

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

Per the latest updates from Viking (Sept 23rd), you need to do both. 

You are quite correct, thanks for the info. I would have expected no need for Verifly, as there's an obvious duplication between Verifly and ArriveCan regarding vax stats, but so be it.

There may be Canadian changes after Sept. 30th for cruise pax - remains to be seen what. Gracias! 🍺🥌

• Like 1