NCL PEARL AUG 2022 BOSTON - Videos, Pictures, and My Thoughts...

buffet24

Ok Fellow Cruisers...  We were just on the PEARL leaving Boston on AUG 5th.   Bookmark this thread if you want to see some great videos, pictures and also read some of my thoughts about the cruise we just went on...   In the coming days, I will add more pictures and short video clips to this thread...  Those upcoming short videos are small clips from a full feature length vacation video I have created for my own personal use...  If you have questions, ask away!!!   If I have answers to give, then I will answer you.  Otherwise, I may not respond. 

Happy Cruising!!!   😁

PEARL2.thumb.JPG.63bcffac8968c86c1b7489303859eabb.JPG

• Like 4

INTRO VIDEO SHOWING OUR ROOM

=============================

So here is the first video clip.

Our room was 11-618 which is a Club Balcony Suite on deck 11, Port Side (Left side ;-).  It really isn't a suite... but does have a divider between the bed and the sofa.  It is a quiet room with great Balcony views.   We loved the size of the room but especially the size of the bathroom!!!  But we did wish the trash can be placed near the toilet rather than way underneath the sink.  We kept moving it out but the room attendant kept moving it back so we just dealt with it...   One other minor thing, the door that closes the Drawers in the closet is really not necessary... many times, I wanted to tear it off its hinges... it is too tight near the bed.

Otherwise, it was a wonderful room!!!  Also, it was very close to the Garden Cafe, stairs are just a few steps away and one floor above us.... so getting up and getting coffee in the mornings were easy breezy!!!  and since there were no inside cabins in front of our room so it is quiet in that hallway.   It was wonderful!!!

Be sure to bookmark this thread... more pictures and videos to come!!!  😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KristiK said:

I'm on the Pearl from Boston in 8 days! Please tell me about the entertainment available. And what capacity it is sailing with?

I hope you are having a fantastic trip!

Hi there KK!

On our cruise (AUG5), I think we were at around 2000 pax on the ship.... so something like 80-85% full???   And we had all kinds of entertainment...  Variety dance shows to standup comedy (both family and adults only shows), aerial acrobats and also Legends in Concert (Tina Turner, Madonna and MJackson tribute artists)...  and live bands through out the ship everywhere most days and all through the night.... so you dont have the time to see them all!!!  😉

Stay tuned on this channel because i will be posting more video clips of the cruise...  I didn't have time tonight because we just got back from seeing UB40 at the House of Blues in Boston...  and guess what?  We saw another couple at the concert tonight who was also on our cruise from AUG5!!!   Coincidence???  I KNOW!!!  😁 

You will have a fantastic time on your cruise!   Wish we were going again with you guys!!!  🤪

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KristiK said:

I'm on the Pearl from Boston in 8 days! Please tell me about the entertainment available. And what capacity it is sailing with?

I hope you are having a fantastic trip!

We were on the Pearl in June we saw the Pure Variety show and Legends in Concert.  The Legends show had 3 impersonators - Madonna, Tina Turner and Michael Jackson.  Both were decent shows.  However, the best show that we saw was the comedian Heath Harmison's show.  Not sure if was called X-rated or adult only.  He's got clips of his act on YouTube.  

There was also an acrobatic show, but I can't remember the name.  It was entertaining as well.

My wife and I did a free walking tour of Hamilton.  It's a Monday-Friday tour with the Town Crier, Ed Christopher.  Ed seems to know everyone in Bermuda's capital and the tour takes about 1:45 minutes or so.  There's a lot of walking through the town, so wear comfortable shoes.

Flip

Edited by TheycallmeFlip
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, buffet24 said:

Hi there KK!

On our cruise (AUG5), I think we were at around 2000 pax on the ship.... so something like 80-85% full???   And we had all kinds of entertainment...  Variety dance shows to standup comedy (both family and adults only shows), aerial acrobats and also Legends in Concert (Tina Turner, Madonna and MJackson tribute artists)...  and live bands through out the ship everywhere most days and all through the night.... so you dont have the time to see them all!!!  😉

That sounds like lots of fun. I've never seen an aerial acrobats type of show, so really looking forward to that. And I'm always down for good tribute artists. Thanks for the info!

3 hours ago, TheycallmeFlip said:

We were on the Pearl in June we saw the Pure Variety show and Legends in Concert.  The Legends show had 3 impersonators - Madonna, Tina Turner and Michael Jackson.  Both were decent shows.  However, the best show that we saw was the comedian Heath Harmison's show.  Not sure if was called X-rated or adult only.  He's got clips of his act on YouTube.  

There was also an acrobatic show, but I can't remember the name.  It was entertaining as well.

My wife and I did a free walking tour of Hamilton.  It's a Monday-Friday tour with the Town Crier, Ed Christopher.  Ed seems to know everyone in Bermuda's capital and the tour takes about 1:45 minutes or so.  There's a lot of walking through the town, so wear comfortable shoes.

Flip

I used to love the comedy shows on my past Carnival cruises so I hope he's on board for my cruise.

I'm doing East Coast Boston/Canada cruise (not Bermuda) so will be different. But I expect a lot of walking on my tours.

What is Pure Variety show?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Just inside the entrance going from the pool area toward the Spa is another picture board with the Hotel Officers. 

As the original poster already mentioned (twice), he is not on the ship.  This is not a Live review.  

Edited by luvcruzing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

As the original poster already mentioned (twice), he is not on the ship.  This is not a Live review.  

Exactly, yes!😉  This is not a Live Review so 3traveler, I am unable to take a picture of the Hotel Officers... So very sorry...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KristiK said:

What is Pure Variety show?

It is a production show with a dozen or so singers and dancers that perform a variety of different musical acts...  from 50s, 60s 70s etc.  they even had ABBA tribute... which I will have a short video clip of later on...😉

• Thanks 1

ATRIUM SHOWCASE:

=======================

Here is a short video clip showcasing the Atrium.

I think this was part of their renovation that happened in 2021.  It is very nicely done with a modern updated feel to it.   

The Atrium has the front desk along with ATRIUM Bar and Starbucks Coffee corner.  Also, you cannot miss the Large Video Screen that shows various media clips of cruises, etc.   And in front of the screen is a band stage area where you will often see the Seaside DUO (a singer/keyboardist couple) perform who are absolutely wonderful.  I will have a clip of that later on as well.

And taking you up the curved staircase in the center is O'SHEEHAN's... the 24 hour gastropub where you would have found us at MIDNIGHT, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of the CRUISE!!!  😁

• Like 4

SPINNAKER LOUNGE SHOWCASE:

============================

The Spinnaker Lounge is found on Deck 13 all the way Forward of the Ship.

In day time, you will find Bingo games and Trivia games being played here...  along with various Dance classes usually around 6PM in the evenings...

At night time, this is where all of your Dance Parties take place... with usually the Funky Roots band who rocks the house!!!   This is where you would have found the Wife and I every evening shaking our buttocks every night until midnight... at which time, we would head over to O'Sheehans for midnight snacks!!!   😁

The band would usually play between 9PM until 11PM... and then the house DJ Remy would spin from 11PM until 1AM...

• Like 4

BLISS LOUNGE SHOWCASE:

=======================

This is generally a low key, mixed use music lounge where it is usually the place to go for Karaoke singing... but at times, you will have the solo guitarist, Cameron or other bands play there as well.  But one key feature of this lounge is where you have the Bowling at Sea... it operates on limited basis and you do have to pay $7 per person to play when it is open for play.   We did not get a chance to bowl but I have seen other people playing and they seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Bliss is located on Deck 7 all the way at the back of the Ship just above Summer Palace, the Main Dining Room.

• Like 4

MAGNUM's and SHAKER's

======================

Well, this is where the Drink package gets all used up.  😉

This is located on Deck 6 just below Lotus Garden... and you will also see the entrance to the Le Bistro restaurant.   In this video, they were lounging and having a Trivia game.  But every night you will find the piano player/singer Al Venditti... who plays and sings a variety of music styles...  lots of sing-alongs happening here.

• Like 1

STARDUST THEATER

=================

Rounding out the common areas/venues is the Stardust Theater where all of your main events will take place.   We saw Variety Production Shows, Aerialist acts, Standup Comedy, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson and Madonna tribute artists, and even a Magic Show by a lovely magician couple.   We always caught the 9PM show after our dinner but this place held main events at 7PM and 9PM time slots... same show for both time slots each lasting just about an hour or so.... They also held some Newlywed Game Shows at 8PM time slot.

• Like 1

Do you remember if Bob Gal was still on the ship? He played piano and sang. Had a huge library of songs;  played in Maltings/Shakers each evening. Said his contract ended when the ship went south for the winter. Our next cruise is the end of October. Was just wondering if he was still there. Thanking you in advance!!

8 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Do you remember if Bob Gal was still on the ship? He played piano and sang. Had a huge library of songs;  played in Maltings/Shakers each evening. Said his contract ended when the ship went south for the winter. Our next cruise is the end of October. Was just wondering if he was still there. Thanking you in advance!!

No, I don't recall Bob Gal's name from the cruise...   We had a piano guy named Al Venditti... who was also great on the stage!!  Thanks!

• Like 1

SUMMER PALACE

===============

OK, so I hereby start the Dining Options section.

Summer Palace is your Main Dining Room on Deck 6, AFT.   It is very elegant but some people are put off by the Russian decor... understandable, given today's political climate...   

I thought the Food was great.  I think earlier cruises in 2022 had required everyone to dress up for Summer Palace (otherwise, you are shipped off to more casual Indigo) but on our cruise, they let anyone in shorts and T-shirts.... whatever clothing you have one is OK.

On most nights, there is a 10-15 minute wait for tables...  They do give you a pager so long as you don't jump off the ship, you're able to get paged for your table.  And they also give you drink tickets for the inconvenience of having to wait. 

• Like 2

INDIGO

==========

Indigo is your Second Dining Room.  It serves the exact same menu as the Summer Palace so I guess if you wanted a different scenery, you would go here.   It's also located on Deck 6 but you cannot get to Indigo from Summer Palace on Deck 6.  From the Palace, you would have to climb to Deck 7 and then at mid-ship you would have to dive back down to Indigo on Deck 6.

• Like 1

LOTUS GARDEN/TEPPANYAKI

=========================

Lotus Garden is another complimentary dining option.   As you might have guessed, they serve Asian cuisine for free.   I thought their appetizers were better than the main courses but overall, we enjoyed the meals there. 

But the BEST of the BEST is the Japanese Teppanyaki.  We had 2 free meals each and we chose to dine at Teppanyaki for both nights.... the first night out of Boston and then the last night heading back to Boston.  We thought it is absolutely the best dining experience of them all.

You actually walk through Lotus Garden to get to the Teppanyaki restaurant.   Teppanyaki has 3 seatings... 530PM, 7PM and 830PM.  You definitely have to make reservations in advance.

• Like 2