Is anybody on Pacific Encounter right now?

I have friends stowed away on Pacific Explorer and Coral Princess atm, but don't know of any of the usual subjects on Encounter.

Ā 

I see you have been on Golden Princess, so the layout will be familiar. I can't help with Encounter specifics, but there are a quite a few that can help with what P&O has been like since the return from covid.

44 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

Thanks Arxcards.Ā  I'm mostly hoping for a sense of the general busyness and ease of finding space in, for example, the specialty restaurants and adults only area.Ā  And which power point adaptors I'll need!

For power points, Pacific Explorer has added an Aussie outlet with two USB sockets. I hope that would be the case as well when Star Princess was turned into Pacific Encounter. Any older ones that remain would include a US outlet, so we always pack a US adaptor anyway.

Ā 

Adults only area. Not somewhere we usually frequent. Aft, and should be accessible from decks 12, 14, 15 & 17. The aft pool and tiered rear deck that used to be there on Star Princess was accessed that way.

Ā 

First time P&O, if you are doing a specialty restaurant, Luke Mangan's Bar & Grill is top of list. It can be popular, so if you plan to do it, pick your night and book as soon as you are aboard.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Adults only area. Not somewhere we usually frequent. Aft, and should be accessible from decks 12, 14, 15 & 17. The aft pool and tiered rear deck that used to be there on Star Princess was accessed that way.

On Pacific Encounter isnā€™t the adults only area the Byron Club and only available to those who are booked into Byron mini suites, or by paying like the Sanctuary on Princess?

Well, answered the question by looking at the deckplans - Byron Beach Pool is in the middle of the spas, gym etc šŸ™„ Ā Ā The Adult's area is the Oasis one deck down. There you go šŸ˜„

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Porky55 said:

On Pacific Encounter isnā€™t the adults only area the Byron Club and only available to those who are booked into Byron mini suites, or by paying like the Sanctuary on Princess?

Well, answered the question by looking at the deckplans - Byron Beach Pool is in the middle of the spas, gym etc šŸ™„ Ā Ā The Adult's area is the Oasis one deck down. There you go šŸ˜„

The Byron club is indeed a restricted area, being available to those in full suites and Byron minis or by paying for a whole of cruise or day pass - yes, somewhat like the Sanctuary. Byron minis are around $45pp per day extra for that access and priority boarding, but also a forward cabin.

Ā 

The Oasis is a great location though, only spoiled by the shadows from the trolley handle. Even nicer on the Grand class ships that don't have the handle.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, clairebearinaus said:

I am beside myself with excitement for my first post-covid cruise on 3rd Sept (and first P&O cruise ever), I have lots of questions!Ā šŸ˜

Julie is on there left Dora 2 week's ago , Sophie from subway going soon .šŸ™‚

On 8/25/2022 at 6:16 PM, clairebearinaus said:

Thanks Arxcards.Ā  I'm mostly hoping for a sense of the general busyness and ease of finding space in, for example, the specialty restaurants and adults only area.Ā  And which power point adaptors I'll need!

Ā 

All P&O Australia ships have Aussie power outlets.