Best way from Rio airport to hotel

Ski Mom 2

We are arriving into the Rio airport from the US in January 2023 and need a ride from the airport to our hotel. Has anyone arranged their own transportation from the airport to their hotel? Did you pre-arrange a pickup with a taxi service? Uber? Did you just use a taxi upon arrival? What was the cost?

We are joining a private tour in Rio but they want to charge us $65 each for transportation and I feel like that is high.

Thanks for your input!

6 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

We are arriving into the Rio airport from the US in January 2023 and need a ride from the airport to our hotel. Has anyone arranged their own transportation from the airport to their hotel? Did you pre-arrange a pickup with a taxi service? Uber? Did you just use a taxi upon arrival? What was the cost?

We are joining a private tour in Rio but they want to charge us $65 each for transportation and I feel like that is high.

Thanks for your input!

Having been to Rio DO NOT use cab at airport . Spring for car service by hotel or another service. Crime is issue and cabs are shacky at best,especially if you don’t speak Portuguese 

Sorry, you can use an official taxi without worry. 

Before you leave the secure area, there are a number of booths where you can take one.

There are also cheaper ones available club side but you might stick with the former to be on the safe side.

On 8/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, carlmm said:

Sorry, you can use an official taxi without worry. 

Before you leave the secure area, there are a number of booths where you can take one.

There are also cheaper ones available club side but you might stick with the former to be on the safe side.

Thank you! I have emailed the hotel but haven't heard back yet (not sure I have the correct email address) so this is good if that's my only choice.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

We need to get to airport from cruise ship.  Hired a private guide for the day we got into Rio and then the next day, touring and then to airport. Was great

On 8/29/2022 at 5:11 AM, Mrs f. said:

We need to get to airport from cruise ship.  Hired a private guide for the day we got into Rio and then the next day, touring and then to airport. Was great

Could you provide a referral for that guide. Thanks so much

On 8/31/2022 at 5:17 PM, BabySis said:

Could you provide a referral for that guide. Thanks so much

Augusto Guimaraes

gusguide@hotmail.com

He was fantastic. No request was a problem for him.  Very good English. The pandemic was really hard on the guides. For many of them, they had no other ways to support their families.  We would use him again in a heartbeat.  Tell him the Feldmans told you to contact him.

He has a PayPal account. That's how we paid. A lot cheaper than wiring money.   Btw....what size vehicle is he using now?  In 2019 his car held 4 passenger and him, so we found 2 lovely ladies on our roll call who were delighted to share him with us.

• 3 months later...

We are still searching for our best option for traveling from the Rio airport to our hotel. My TA arrangements are $69 per person which I find expensive. My husband would prefer to have something pre-booked as opposed to just hiring a taxi on sight. I am unable to get a hold of the hotel to ask them for suggestions.

Anyone?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 6:50 AM, FOXYDEBBY said:

We used booking.com. There are 2 of us and transfers from GIG airport to our hotel are under $17.00. It’s through Talixo

When is/was this cruise?

How did it all work out (or if not yet, can you come back and let us know?)?

We are flying in on April 9/10 for a Celebrity Infinity cruise on April 19.  We are booked for three nights at the Hilton Copacabana...and one of the few things we haven't yet figured out is transportation GIG to Hilton and Hilton to cruise port...

10 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

When is/was this cruise?

How did it all work out (or if not yet, can you come back and let us know?)?

We are flying in on April 9/10 for a Celebrity Infinity cruise on April 19.  We are booked for three nights at the Hilton Copacabana...and one of the few things we haven't yet figured out is transportation GIG to Hilton and Hilton to cruise port...

We go Feb 25. I want to change hotels to the beach area but it’s 45 min to get to the port. Haven’t been able to figure out a price to get from beach to port. As of now our hotel is near the port. I’ll def let you know when I get back!