Covid Testing for Canada

dawcruiser

I, like many of you received an email saying after 9.3.22 you can board the ship without a test in the last 72 hours.  BUT that is not right you need a negative test to enter Canada.  I called yesterday and founded this out.

From NCL Website

As such, for sailings beginning September 3, 2022, all travelers are invited to sail with us once again, regardless of vaccination status.* 

From by country

Canada Cruise Protocols

Canada Travel Requirements

Country Requirements

PLEASE NOTE: All guests must complete ArriveCAN submission within 72 hours of embarkation. ArriveCAN receipt must be presented at check in on embarkation day. Guests must select "Arriving by Ship."

Age Vaccinated Unvaccinated
< 5 years Nothing required. Nothing required.
5-11 years Provide proof of one of the following:
1. Negative COVID-19 antigen test within two days of the embarkation date
2. NAAT test (i.e., PCR) within three days of embarkation date
3. COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*
Negative NAAT test (i.e., PCR) result administered by a verified third party
within three days of the embarkation date, as well as additional antigen testing at embarkation and
disembarkation administered and paid for by NCL.
≥ 12 years Provide proof of one of the following:
Unable to cruise.

• Please note, any embarkation testing in Vancouver will be administered at an offsite location, a 5 minute walk from the port at 757 West Hasting Street. There are no embarkation testing services available in the terminal.
  • Mid Cruise Testing: required for unvaccinated guests ages 5-11. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Disembarkation Testing (for cruises ending in a Canadian port only): unvaccinated guests ages 5-11 will be tested onboard at disembarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.

THIS IS VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND

There have always been exceptions to the COVID testing protocols for Canada and Bermuda as well as a couple of other destinations or departure ports.

The NCL website has always directed you to review the individual country/port requirements for exceptions to the general protocols. There's nothing new, unusual or different about that .

8 minutes ago, dawcruiser said:

As such, for sailings beginning September 3, 2022, all travelers are invited to sail with us once again, regardless of vaccination status.

It's not hard to understand at all. NCL is saying they have a corporate policy now that allows all guests regardless of vaccination status. However, it has an asterisk and that asterisk leads to this statement:

• *See below for protocols by age and vaccination status.

Requirements may vary by country – refer to Travel Requirements by Country Cruise Travel Requirements by Country.

So NCL has a company policy of allowing anyone to cruise regardless of vaccination status unless a country on the itinerary has different requirements that supercede company policy. In your case, Canada has different requirements. Those requirements are clearly defined in the chart you posted. Since your cruise goes to Canada, you need to meet the Canada requirements since they are law and therefore supercede NCL's corporate policy.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dawcruiser said:

I, like many of you received an email saying after 9.3.22 you can board the ship without a test in the last 72 hours.  BUT that is not right you need a negative test to enter Canada.  I called yesterday and founded this out.

From NCL Website

As such, for sailings beginning September 3, 2022, all travelers are invited to sail with us once again, regardless of vaccination status.* 

From by country

Canada Cruise Protocols

Canada Travel Requirements

Country Requirements

PLEASE NOTE: All guests must complete ArriveCAN submission within 72 hours of embarkation. ArriveCAN receipt must be presented at check in on embarkation day. Guests must select "Arriving by Ship."

Age Vaccinated Unvaccinated
< 5 years Nothing required. Nothing required.
5-11 years Provide proof of one of the following:
Negative NAAT test (i.e., PCR) result administered by a verified third party
within three days of the embarkation date, as well as additional antigen testing at embarkation and
disembarkation administered and paid for by NCL.
≥ 12 years Provide proof of one of the following:
Unable to cruise.

• Please note, any embarkation testing in Vancouver will be administered at an offsite location, a 5 minute walk from the port at 757 West Hasting Street. There are no embarkation testing services available in the terminal.
  • Mid Cruise Testing: required for unvaccinated guests ages 5-11. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Disembarkation Testing (for cruises ending in a Canadian port only): unvaccinated guests ages 5-11 will be tested onboard at disembarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.

THIS IS VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND

Not sure what's hard to understand?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oxo said:

The biggest problem is that too many people are addressing/asking the same subject. Then, people are providing incorrect info.  So, to much confusion!

Which it is very important to only look at the cruise-specific information sent by the cruise line versus random comments on a public forum. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

The biggest problem is that too many people are addressing/asking the same subject. Then, people are providing incorrect info.  So, to much confusion!

Yes, there's a million threads on testing and AriveCan for Canada and people are still pointing out. "Omg, you need a covid test to go to Canada, did you know this?" ...... um .... yea. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, there's a million threads on testing and AriveCan for Canada and people are still pointing out. "Omg, you need a covid test to go to Canada, did you know this?" ...... um .... yea. 

I’m on the Joy to Canada in 3 weeks and I am astonished at how many people are unaware of what is needed to get on the ship. I wonder how many people are going to be left behind because they didn’t get their test. Yikes!

• Like 2