Deck 4, Rotterdam

FrankieSue

It's not as obstructed as the oceanview obstructed cabins on the older ships. The lifeboats jut out further and don't obstruct above the balcony railing. But if you wish to upgrade, I highly recommend purchasing the Club Orange package which costs less than the book price difference of a V category balcony. It will allow you to upgrade to a V Category balcony. You also get the separate Club Orange dining room. I upgraded from our Rotterdam VH obstructed using Club Orange and it was one of the best cruising decisions I've ever made.

2 minutes ago, FrankieSue said:

Again thank you everybody for your thoughts! Cruise Critic is always so helpful!

Just got on computer today (dental surgery, YUCK). Note that you are between two *lifeboats*, which are shorter and less bulky than the *tenders* that obstruct the aft section of Deck 4. 

Here are a couple verandah views of a similar cabin on Koningsdam. (Cabin numbers are off by one cabin from port-side Rotterdam, so this stateroom is at the front of the lifeboat you are aft of.)

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4052-koningsdam/

I think the partially obstructed deck 4 verandahs are very good value, although thanks to COVID I have never sailed in one!

46 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Just got on computer today (dental surgery, YUCK). Note that you are between two *lifeboats*, which are shorter and less bulky than the *tenders* that obstruct the aft section of Deck 4. 

Here are a couple verandah views of a similar cabin on Koningsdam. (Cabin numbers are off by one cabin from port-side Rotterdam, so this stateroom is at the front of the lifeboat you are aft of.)

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4052-koningsdam/

I think the partially obstructed deck 4 verandahs are very good value, although thanks to COVID I have never sailed in one!

Thank you very much for pictures and comments, its very reassuring that we made the right choice

On the Rotterdam the lifeboats are situated lower compared with the Nieuw Statendam and the Koningsdam. We were in cabins 4044 en 4043 and liked the view very much. If you search on You tube "Rotterdam 4044" you wil see a You tube film is uploaded...(from a travel agent I guess) 😁

20220729_213238.jpg

• Like 1