Drinks in Coastal Kitchen

megs193

6 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

On alcohol it depends on what you like yo drink…typically the “free” drinks are the lower end beer wine and spirits. Good for some and not for others

I’m more of a margarita and mojitos sort of person, but can get by on rum and coke/wine.  I’ll bring my own wine/champagne.

My husband is a cognac sort of guy-he’s the pricey one.

My thought is we can do drinks from the lounge for free and can pay for his Remy out of pocket (we’ll get a few hundred in ta credits, so will be a good way to use it up). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Wow didn't know that.  Maybe we won't do a Quantum class.  

We will be on Quantum for the first time on Labor Day. I’ll let you know if the setup with separate sl and ck is problem for drinks. It is very smooth on Oasis class ships with combined ck and sl 

10 hours ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

Thank you. I assume there’s a decent coffee machine in the lounge.  Are you able to obtain water bottles from the lounge bar as well?

I’m just trying to see if I would need the drink package (had it the last time and felt it pressured me to drink more to “break even.”)

I haven't gotten the package - specifically because I'd feel pressured to drink more and that's not smart. Have you considered enjoying what the lunge has, and then just buying drinks on top of that (at a bar, sitting out, etc...) paying by the drink? Seems like a 'middle' option.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bushdog said:

I haven't gotten the package - specifically because I'd feel pressured to drink more and that's not smart. Have you considered enjoying what the lunge has, and then just buying drinks on top of that (at a bar, sitting out, etc...) paying by the drink? Seems like a 'middle' option.

Thank you. I definitely am. On past cruises, I bought the drink package because I convinced myself I was getting a deal. Then I end up getting 10+ drinks a day, feeling like crap by the end of the cruise.  

When I evaluate my normal drinking, 1/2 glass on the weekdays and 1 glass of wine during the weekend works fine. I may still get the soda package for the kids, but spending over a thousand dollars for drinks for two people and chugging mixed drinks daily doesn’t make much sense. Even on vacation.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jerseygirl2624 said:

Thank you. I definitely am. On past cruises, I bought the drink package because I convinced myself I was getting a deal. Then I end up getting 10+ drinks a day, feeling like crap by the end of the cruise.  

When I evaluate my normal drinking, 1/2 glass on the weekdays and 1 glass of wine during the weekend works fine. I may still get the soda package for the kids, but spending over a thousand dollars for drinks for two people and chugging mixed drinks daily doesn’t make much sense. Even on vacation.  

Yeah - live and learn is how I see it. I guessed I'd be in EXACTLY your situation. I'm a casual drinker but if I spend that much I'd feel compelled to be a professional drinker.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bushdog said:

This is our plan for Quantum.  We'll use our Diamond Plus drinks credits, have one or two during Happy Hour in the Suite Lounge,  and then pay ala carte for anything above and beyond that.  Usually, I have a glass of wine while the wife is getting ready for dinner and then take a glass to go to accompany dinner at the Coastal Kitchen. 

• Like 1

Buying the DBP is a personal choice based on your habits on vacation.  We have bought for every cruise for the last 6-8 trips.  These are cruises where we might not even get off the ship except at a private island.  Even having access to the SL doesn't really cut it during the day.  Oasis class SL is a long walk from the suite sun deck where we spend most of the day and the sun deck bar is just steps away.  Our last Med cruise was port intensive and having the DBP would have really been a waste of money.  For me less than $75 a day works.  Between mimosas, blood Mary's, beers, water, glasses of wine, specialty coffee, and after dinner nightcap in the SL; it's cost effective.  When it gets more than that I might have to reconsider.  

• Like 1