How to update status match?

flahagan

I need to change from the cruiseline I have registered now for MSC status match to a different one - it should change me from gold to platinum with MSC.  When I looked at the online form for status match, I didn't see anyplace to just update.  It looks like you'd be starting all over and would they then assign a different loyalty number too?  I don't want to completely mess things up.

I need to correct something - I am now platinum with Princess, which moved me up to a different level with MSC.  I'm having so much trouble with the website though, I guess I'll need to break down and call next week.  When I try to submit my loyalty number for the Voyagers Club, it says there's an error with my number.  However, I just booked a 26 nt TA a few days ago and had no problem submitting it for the discount.  UGH.

55 minutes ago, flahagan said:

I need to change from the cruiseline I have registered now for MSC status match to a different one - it should change me from gold to platinum with MSC.  When I looked at the online form for status match, I didn't see anyplace to just update.  It looks like you'd be starting all over and would they then assign a different loyalty number too?  I don't want to completely mess things up.

MSC status match is a one time thing. 

You get one shot at it.  There is no updating.

Once you received  your match, that is it for MSC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flahagan said:

As Phissy pointed out you've shot your bolt....Gold is your status, no second chance!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phissy said:

MSC status match is a one time thing. 

You get one shot at it.  There is no updating.

Once you received  your match, that is it for MSC.

After having a status match to Black Card back in 2017 and sailing again in 2018, we hadn't been back on MSC.....

Fast forward to yesterday, called to book another with MSC and gave the old Black card acct number and was pleasently surprised to be greeted with " Yes, Mr. xxxxxx, I see you are a Diamond member and will get $100 obc and 9.75% discount on this booking. Was very pleased.

37 minutes ago, L454S said:

After having a status match to Black Card back in 2017 and sailing again in 2018, we hadn't been back on MSC.....

Fast forward to yesterday, called to book another with MSC and gave the old Black card acct number and was pleasently surprised to be greeted with " Yes, Mr. xxxxxx, I see you are a Diamond member and will get $100 obc and 9.75% discount on this booking. Was very pleased.

Thank you for this post.

It is a good reminder for those who have not cruised since 2018 that MSC has a policy of cruising at least every 3 years to maintain your status.

Because of the pandemic and the pause in sailing, MSC extended all memberships an extra year, so 4 years to maintain status.  You came back just "in time" 😁

Have a great cruise and welcome back.